Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 01:14 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmeirgoggles View Post
I finally figured it out.

For every Fashion Designer or Art Director there has to be at least 10 or 20 or so low class grunts to work in service jobs to cater to us! Amazon shippers, grocery baggers, fast food workers they all exist to serve and cater to high society people. I used to wonder why low class people smell the way they do, dress the way they do, act loud and oblivious but now it's clear to me not everyone can be high society.

Not everyone can own a $400 Fendi like me

These peasants exist to make my life easier by providing cheap labor so I can get access to high end goods that can only be created by economies of scale.

I have decided to make a conscious effort to try and not to look down on the common folk as their sacrifice enriches my life and although they will never know what it is like to live like a high society professional business person in Manhattan; Wear the best business suit, nicest Cologne, jewelry or shower 3 times everyday (although I wish they really would) it's ok because not everyone can be a Lawyer or an Art Director or a Doctor or a Banker.

I think I now finally understand the lower class peasants purpose. Discuss.

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny or not.

Here are some things that occur to me, if you're serious:

-Not everyone can own a Fendi, but not everyone is so wasteful or superficial to even want one.

-You're clueless if you imagine every low-paid worker is "low class." Some are working these jobs to support their creative work, some are retirees, some are students - all of whom may possibly be classier than you.

-You're also clueless if you imagine people like fast-food workers exist to cater to high society people; the fact that you'd even think that implies that at heart you're probably rather low-end yourself.

-If you're serious that you're going to try not to look down on the "peasants" because they enrich your life, then you are really a clueless jerk; you're supposed to not look down on them because they're human beings as you are, often just trying the best they can to get by.

-Despite all your grandiose dreams of your being high society - are you aware that you apparently can't even write proper English? Your post is riddled with grammatical mistakes.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:19 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
Oh, Clarrallel :/
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: