Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 06:47 AM

444 posts, read 387,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
112th is one of the worst streets in Harlem, from Lenox to First Avenue is nothing but NYCHA
That's why I walked down 110th. Didn't care how tired I was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 06:49 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
That's why I walked down 110th. Didn't care how tired I was.
Yeah 110th is a much calmer walk, even in the middle of the night. I've done it before, walked from 1199 to 110th and Lenox at like 2 AM, no problem.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-07-2017, 07:00 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
I've read that Goldfarb Management is horrible but them have their buildings looking nice. They manage one on Sheridan Ave (right next to the building I grew up in).

The is a how they price their apartments...

930 Sheridan Ave has a 2 bedroom, 1 bath- $1799

-All at 1770 Grand Concourse
Studio- $1599
1 bedroom, 1 bath $1799
2 bedroom, 2 bath $2224
Goldfarb gets slightly higher prices, especially for the neighborhood, for 1770 Grand Concourse because they cater(market) to medical professionals...doctors... who move to The Bronx from all over the world in order to work at Bronx Lebanon Hospital, especially Dr's who want to intern at the emergency room which has one of the best traumatic injury emergency centers in the world.....especially for treating complicated gunshot wounds.

1770 is the only really "luxury " rental building with lots of amenities like 24 hr doorman,a gym, indoor garage, roof deck,etc that is also within a few blocks (very short (they claim 2 minutes) walking distance). Quick walking distance is a big deal for hospital interns who do 18 and 24 hr shifts sometimes and who basically just work and sleep all the time.

Last edited by bluedog2; 09-07-2017 at 07:17 AM..

Old 09-07-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Goldfarb gets slightly higher prices, especially for the neighborhood, for 1770 Grand Concourse because they cater(market) to medical professionals...doctors... who move to The Bronx from all over the world in order to work at Bronx Lebanon Hospital, especially Dr's who want to intern at the emergency room which has one of the best traumatic injury emergency centers in the world.....especially for treating complicated gunshot wounds.

1770 is the only really "luxury " rental building with lots of amenities like 24 hr doorman,a gym, indoor garage, etc that is also within a few blocks( very short walking distance). Quick walking distance is a big deal for hospital interns who do 18 and 24 hr shifts sometimes.
Its funny how hospitals in the hood have some of the best trauma units.

1770 looks really nice too. But those streets behind it, to the east of it, are arguably some of the worst in the Bronx.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Its funny how hospitals in the hood have some of the best trauma units.

1770 looks really nice too. But those streets behind it, to the east of it, are arguably some of the worst in the Bronx.
Definitely... the streets immediately East,West, North and South of it are settling down as probably the worst in The Bronx after all is said and and done.

Another piece of Robert Moses's legacy I think. No coincidence that probably the last pieces of The Bronx to come back from the dead will be all of the areas just to the North and just to the South of The Cross Bronx.
And put a bullseye at intersection with 3rd Avenue. Building The Cross Bronx and tearing down the 3rd Avenue el were the 2 of the worst things to ever happen to the fabric of The Bronx. I call that swath the belly of The Bronx . It probably won't recover totally until they sell air rights over The Cross Bronx and encourage development on top of it to stitch the neighborhoods back together and then restore some kind of transportation line back on 3rd Ave. Could happen sometime. They are already talking about covering over parts of The Cross Bronx and reconnecting Tremont(Borough Hall) Park and Crotona Park right there at 3rd Ave.Some are even dreaming of building a Bronx Borough Hall there back in Borough Hall/Crotona Park. They never built a new borough hall when they tore down the original one and The Bronx still doesn't really have a borough hall.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Definitely... the streets immediately East,West, North and South of it are settling down as probably the worst in The Bronx after all is said and and done.

Another piece of Robert Moses's legacy I think. No coincidence that probably the last pieces of The Bronx to come back from the dead will be all of the areas just to the North and just to the South of The Cross Bronx.
And put a bullseye at intersection with 3rd Avenue. Building The Cross Bronx and tearing down the 3rd Avenue el were the 2 of the worst things to ever happen to the fabric of The Bronx. I call that swath the belly of The Bronx . It probably won't recover totally until they sell air rights over The Cross Bronx and encourage development on top of it to stitch the neighborhoods back together and then restore some kind of transportation line back on 3rd Ave. Could happen sometime. They are already talking about covering over parts of The cross Bronx and reconnecting Tremont Park and Crotona Park right there at 3rd Ave.
Third Ave =

They need to put the Third Avenue El back....truly a distressed area.

What do you even call that neighborhood, Mount Eden?

Its a shame too, some really great looking single and 2 family houses in that area. Majority in the area need TLC though.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Third Ave =

Its a shame too, some really great looking single and 2 family houses in that area. Majority in the area need TLC though.
Ya, the area right to the East of Bronx Lebanon and South of The cross bronx is Mt Eden.Other Side of The Cross bronx is Mount Hope.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:08 AM

444 posts, read 387,612 times
Quote:
Third Ave =

Yes, I was in a cab I was driving by and I saw the homes and thought the same thing. Decent looking just needs some TLC.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, I was in a cab I was driving by and I saw the homes and thought the same thing. Decent looking just needs some TLC.
Yeah for example, this place looks to be an absolute steal if you can get 2 other families, in your family haha, to all go in and purchase on this, you'll just hear gunshots at night:

https://www.trulia.com/property/3128...Bronx-NY-10457

Old 09-07-2017, 08:12 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
When my dad bought a 3 family walkup in Bed-Stuy 15 years ago, I was like...are you crazy?!?! that area is horrible!! Now, I put my foot in my mouth
Quote:
Some people are putting both feet in their mouth now. Mostly the ones that are complaining that its too expensive.

Anybody have links to old real estate listings? Lets compare from 30 years ago to today, even in the hood.
I bought in Bed Stuy (Stuy Heights on Macon St) in 2004 for 420 K sold in 2015 for 1.825.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City