Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 05:55 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
26 years ????? the light at the end of that tunnel is the train coming ha ha ha
After all these years, the A train is starting to hurt my back! I think I'll bring a pillow tomorrow morning, F that......

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 09-24-2017, 05:59 PM

106,578 posts, read 108,713,667 times
we took the lirr in to the city last week . i had to take the c train uptown . i felt like such a commoner . ha ha ha .

all these people were scurrying all over the place going to that place , i forgot what they call it . ooooh yeah work !

Old 09-24-2017, 06:01 PM

I hear you man......my pops is retired too.......he's living like a champ.....parties whenever he wants haha

Old 09-24-2017, 07:02 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Tell me about it. I dont like looking at my paystubs anymore!
Nothing you'll find in the paystubs. Thats all rounding at the individual level. But have you noticed how much more everything seems to cost. Or how much more you find yourself saying that things aren't worth it anymore. Or having to work extra hard to afford the same lifestyle. It ties right into your economic slave theory.

Old 09-25-2017, 02:59 AM

106,578 posts, read 108,713,667 times
everyone feels the pinch differently . we all see different rates of personal inflation .

those who have mortgages likely are living cheaper today than years ago because of the reduced costs from refinancing and the chunk housing takes .

renters who are stabilized have not seen an increase in 2 years . non stabilized renters are seeing a much higher rate of inflation .

we are in our 3rd year of being retired and have not had to take an inflation raise yet as somethings went up and some down .

most notably our health insurance went from ridiculous in costs to just plain high cost as we switched to medicare and a supplement .

believe it or not aging seniors feel the effects the least because as we age we tend to change our spending patterns and spend in a smile shape . lots of spending when newly retired as you go places and do things , then it falls of like a rock from 70-80 , then ramps up again from healthcare costs . they may even qualify for scrie .

so a lot of what they no longer buy or do pays for the things that went up .

on the other hand someone raising a family with 2 kids in college will see a totally different story .

so each of us sees a different rate . but one thing is for sure , when you feel it , it hurts .

Old 09-25-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Nothing you'll find in the paystubs. Thats all rounding at the individual level. But have you noticed how much more everything seems to cost. Or how much more you find yourself saying that things aren't worth it anymore. Or having to work extra hard to afford the same lifestyle. It ties right into your economic slave theory.
Its true.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City