U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:55 AM

54,920 posts, read 57,296,503 times

Advertisements

china has some incredible cnc state of the art factories . they can produce goods that are best of breed so the term chinese junk applies to exactly that and applies to that low end crap catagory

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-05-2017 at 11:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2017, 10:59 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,045,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
china has some incredible cnc state of the art factories . they can produce goods that are best of breed so the term chinese junk applies exactly that and applies to that low end crap catagory
Am sure they can. *Sarcasm* They've built their economy up by *copying* others.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:11 PM

1,684 posts, read 2,307,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Its funny you say that, because I was a diehard Blackberry fan! I had 6 Blackberries, even the Nextel one with the full keyboard. Blackberry simply couldnt keep up with the times and they didnt have nowhere near the amount of apps as Apple and Android. I probably would have still been with Blackberry if they were able to keep up.
Apple dodges their patriotic responsibility in terms of taxes. They make great products, but I call them American made in name only.

Old 09-05-2017, 01:39 PM

i call them smart .

the american tax system is based on your fair share of taxes is the lowest amount you can figure out you have to pay using the laws and tools given to you .

Old 09-05-2017, 02:01 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,045,994 times
Quote:
i call them smart .

the american tax system is based on your fair share of taxes is the lowest amount you can figure out you have to pay using the laws and tools given to you .
Would like to see Trump re-focus his attention them again and you know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseba View Post
Apple dodges their patriotic responsibility in terms of taxes. They make great products, but I call them American made in name only.
They're a disgrace, and what's worse is they make those phones and most other things for peanuts, and American consumers are so dumb that they pay for sub-par quality.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:46 PM

I want to see what is best for us -the consumer . it is after all why i worked and i want the best darn value for my hard earned dollars . most of us want the best products at the lowest cost . if someone can do it all better than apple more power to em .

Old 09-05-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Before you had massive outsourcing of American jobs, the American consumer was quite happy to be getting those cheap prices because they still had their cushy jobs and didn't give a damn about sweatshop labor or where the products came from. The thinking was that the high paying jobs would *never* go overseas, and we could just re-train those people to do something else. Well then the recession came along and *anything* was on the table, and we've seen *massive* manufacturing jobs go overseas that has hurt wages overall and decimated entire U.S. cities.
Do you have data to support that. I'm not sure if that is it. I also don't believe people will pay 3-4x more money for said good, especially if they are not making 3-4x more money. In the past, I don't recall c-level jobs paying more than 300% more than the average employee which is the case today. Those salaries, if distributed to those who actually do the work, would give consumers a LOT more buying power. They might actually be willing to pay 2x and maybe 3x, if they had it. (But unlikely 4x) The problem is, productivity went up, but salaries did not... except on the c-level.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
i call them smart .

What is fair? Flat percent? Progressive tax? Tax based on impact those taxes will have. Oh.. and corporations aren't humans.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:57 PM

6,883 posts, read 8,233,901 times
Quote:
I want to see what is best for us -the consumer.

What is best for the consumer is not what the MAGA platform is about.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 PM

which is why i don't get in to this political crap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City