Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:51 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,009 times

Advertisements

Do what is always done in This city when the liberals drag it down - vote in a Republican mayor to clean it up again.
New York City Acts to Tighten Begging Laws - The New York Times
In Wake of Attack, Giuliani Cracks Down on Homeless - The New York Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 09:20 PM

343 posts, read 254,557 times
I see these dudes that stand at the entrance of banks that have multiple ATM's inside and these guys provide the service of opening the door for customers going in and out for cash. I cringe going in and out. I suppose the bank staff just gave up trying to shoe them away. But Ive seen people walking out giving these dudes bills.

LOL New York City is wacky

Standing in front of ATM's acting like its bo biggie and they are just harmless nice guys. "Im not asking for handouts" they say. Yeah right ---

Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizfromtheBronx View Post
There's an older guy in Astoria who likes to tell people that if they don't have any money to give, to just give him a smile. And then tries to shame people who don't smile at him.
I've told that particular guy to f off myself. He usually just yells back as he hurries down to the next car

Old 09-12-2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
You're not supposed to be eating on the train.....
Says who? It's completely permitted in all NYC subways. You're getting confused with the PATH train who has the food & drink gestapo

Old 09-12-2017, 09:47 PM

158 posts, read 139,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Don't get me started about the people who use their babies to beg, although they are rare..
I doubt they are using their own babies. They probably just rent the babies from drug addict mothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUAe1FYeHAU

Old 09-12-2017, 10:07 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I don't. I was giving examples of places where they seem to be he most. They're also in front of a lot of banks and check cashing spots
I absolutely hate when they are at banks.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:12 PM

The stuff I'm reading about in here is what you will find in Philadelphia. I'm kind of surprised it's happening in NYC but then again I shouldn't be with how DeBlasio is pulling the NYPD off of quality of life issues .It's a damn shame

When I go to Philly I get guys stopping me in front of a restaurant telling me to go in and buy them a soda. I ignore them and they go in an steal it anyways and walk out without paying. Every store has a beggar out front, and all the people do when you complain about it is make excuses for them.

Please let's not let NYC fall back that far, vote this clown out in the Fall

Old 09-12-2017, 10:14 PM

Honestly with schools back on these trains are so damn crowded again. I feel like when it's this crowded the panhandling on the train goes down some. Btw anyone seen the dude on the F train with no legs? He literally drags himself down the aisle shaking his cup. That sh** is right out the 80s. I saw a lot of creeped out people giving him money.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Honestly with schools back on these trains are so damn crowded again. I feel like when it's this crowded the panhandling on the train goes down some. Btw anyone seen the dude on the F train with no legs? He literally drags himself down the aisle shaking his cup. That sh** is right out the 80s. I saw a lot of creeped out people giving him money.
yup I've seen him. I've seen all the regulars and there's more and more of them. Even the mute (or so they pretend) guys handing out cards soliciting money and then giving you a big long awkward stare like you owe them something for the card when you try to give it back when they circle back

Don't take the card people

Old 09-12-2017, 10:23 PM

There's a dude in the Bronx I'm pretty sure is a fake mute. He always stands by the same deli on the same days. It's a deli on Fordham by Fordham U. I saw him once when his "shift was done" and his mannerisms and body language were completely different. It was like a completely different person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City