U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 PM

2,775 posts, read 8,614,732 times

Advertisements

I thought it would be interesting to watch some videos of your city's inner city neighborhoods to show people what it's really like. I actually find these videos interesting and they teach me quite a bit about life in poverty, giving me a close look at what goes on in many cities after dark.

Here's an interesting video of Brownsville, Brooklyn. Pretty interesting and the fact that it's not one of those typical Youtube trash talking videos makes it appeal to me even more.

YouTube - TheHoodUp.com Sex Money Murder Bloods Brooklyn New York #2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,321,415 times
Very interesting. How unfortunate of a condition they are in.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:49 AM

308 posts, read 1,918,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I thought it would be interesting to watch some videos of your city's inner city neighborhoods to show people what it's really like. I actually find these videos interesting and they teach me quite a bit about life in poverty, giving me a close look at what goes on in many cities after dark.

Here's an interesting video of Brownsville, Brooklyn. Pretty interesting and the fact that it's not one of those typical Youtube trash talking videos makes it appeal to me even more.

Sorry but the only picture you'll get how it's really like to be in the hood is when you either live there or hang out there alot. Not from a video....

Old 03-16-2008, 01:07 PM

191 posts, read 275,922 times
ya same crap. notin change. just some low lifes creating there own trouble. And come on...fighting dogs. Find something else better to do.

Old 03-16-2008, 01:26 PM

43 posts, read 105,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post

Speaking on behalf of the dogs, I'm glad the dude got shot.

Speaking as a NY taxpayer, I'm upset that he received free medical care.

Last edited by Sean34597; 03-16-2008 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: imprecise wording

Old 03-16-2008, 03:21 PM

139 posts, read 616,552 times
more weirdness on this forum.unbelievable

Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM

473 posts, read 1,170,292 times
The KKK loves people like the ones in the video. It's gasping enough to see them do these things but to brag about it on camera like you just got an A in Biochem, is quite unbelievable.

Also contrary to popular "hood" belief, fighting dogs doesn't make you tough. If you're such a tough guy, why not knuckle it out YOURSELF?

Instead of condeming this lifestyle, most people just shut up for fear of being called "sell out" and "unreal".

That was a very disturbing video!!!!

Old 03-16-2008, 08:57 PM

4,794 posts, read 9,834,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718 View Post
The KKK loves people like the ones in the video. It's gasping enough to see them do these things but to brag about it on camera like you just got an A in Biochem, is quite unbelievable.

Also contrary to popular "hood" belief, fighting dogs doesn't make you tough. If you're such a tough guy, why not knuckle it out YOURSELF?

Instead of condeming this lifestyle, most people just shut up for fear of being called "sell out" and "unreal".

That was a very disturbing video!!!!
Agree 100%. I don't know what's more disturbing, the idea that someone would show this nonsense off by making and posting a video, or the idea that some people may see this and think "THAT's keepin it real! I'ma do that sh--!"

Old 03-16-2008, 09:07 PM

1,119 posts, read 4,418,518 times
Part 1 for the Youtube-illiterate :
YouTube - TheHoodUp.com Sex Money Murder Bloods Brooklyn New York #1

Old 03-17-2008, 12:02 AM

2,806 posts, read 11,945,659 times
Modern day black-spoitation movies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City