U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 01:45 PM

5 posts, read 1,481 times

Advertisements

I was rejected for an apartment at 555Ten by breaking ground. I sent in an appeal 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Does anyone have any sense of how long it takes for an appeal to be either approved or denied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 01:54 PM

319 posts, read 108,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jek53 View Post
I was rejected for an apartment at 555Ten by breaking ground. I sent in an appeal 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back. Does anyone have any sense of how long it takes for an appeal to be either approved or denied?
I suggest you reach out to HDC, you might not hear for BG - they're a special bunch.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:04 PM

57 posts, read 27,015 times
this has got to be the 1st wave of 555Ten..as the 2nd wave was only opened not too long ago..o man..why THEM AGAIN???start calling..and just repeat. or email them and note the chain with 1.2.3.4...that way, it'll show their lack of response at the HDC office.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:16 PM
Status: "it may continue, but it makes you get stronger." (set 7 days ago)

1,393 posts, read 884,240 times
On a side note, I'd be super depressed if I received a rejection from them - their apartments are super gorgeous!

Old 09-28-2017, 12:51 PM

5 posts, read 1,481 times
I was super upset, but I am appealing because their calculation of my income was $8,000 more than I will make this year.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:49 PM

552 posts, read 396,965 times
HPD or HDC, whichever agency is overseeing this building, won't deal with you until you hear about your appeal from Breaking Ground. Call BG and ask if a decision has been made, or if you're still under review. Their final rejection of your appeal, if that's the case, is then included in your appeal to HPD or HDC, whichever agency is running the building, should you decide to fight this out. BG seems to have recently streamlined its appeal process, but I would give it at least two weeks before calling. And then call. And continue to call until you get an answer. Good luck. And don't be too depressed--there's always another lottery.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
HPD or HDC, whichever agency is overseeing this building, won't deal with you until you hear about your appeal from Breaking Ground. Call BG and ask if a decision has been made, or if you're still under review. Their final rejection of your appeal, if that's the case, is then included in your appeal to HPD or HDC, whichever agency is running the building, should you decide to fight this out. BG seems to have recently streamlined its appeal process, but I would give it at least two weeks before calling. And then call. And continue to call until you get an answer. Good luck. And don't be too depressed--there's always another lottery.
I can only speak based on my experience and this was not the case for me. Within 20 minutes of getting off the phone with BG (my file was going to be placed on the bottom of the pile) I called HDC and luckily the person who answered the phone was the supervisor. Tooks the steps her and I discussed and 2 weeks later give or take a day, BG's decision was overturned.

I would not sit back and wait for BG to answer, especially based on some of the things I've read about BG on this Forum from others who have dealt with them.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:30 PM

You're saying BG's decision was overturned by the housing agency, which means BG must have made a decision (to put you at the bottom of the pile, it seems) when you contacted HDC, unless I've misread this, or the post about this, which is highly possible. My point was that the housing agency wouldn't deal with you until the marketing agent had made a decision, and in your case it seems as if BG had. I believe the person who posted about this is still waiting for a decision from BG.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving415 View Post
You're saying BG's decision was overturned by the housing agency, which means BG must have made a decision (to put you at the bottom of the pile, it seems) when you contacted HDC, unless I've misread this, or the post about this, which is highly possible. My point was that the housing agency wouldn't deal with you until the marketing agent had made a decision, and in your case it seems as if BG had. I believe the person who posted about this is still waiting for a decision from BG.
You read correctly but the reason why I'm suggesting they contact HDC/HDP is because they already rejected the poster and BG has yet to respond to them 2 weeks later.

Put it this way, just getting called for any of these lotteries is luck most of the times so I wouldn't wait for BG to respond, not after 2 weeks, I wouldn't call either, everything should be in writing.

When I called HDC, I had to send my sister's lease to her (I was rejected for household composition change) and a summary of the process I went through with BG, interview, documents etc.

A few days later I did get the rejection letter, I still went through the appeals process via BG but copying HDC, I have yet to get a response from BG even acknowledging my appeal. I didn't care though HDC was already involved.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 PM

I've actually never dealt with HDC, only HPD. Perhaps they operate a bit differently. BG is the absolute worst, though. So incompetent and yet managing so many lotteries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City