Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 02:34 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You do hopefully realize that your *joke* is racist and not funny.
Not funny - Agree. Corny as hell.

Racist - Disagree. Baseless accusations of racism are far more racist than some allusion to a tv show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 03:08 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You do hopefully realize that your *joke* is racist and not funny.

Sweete you don't even know the meaning of word "racism", so don't start with me.

If one said things like this, that would be another story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnTZipv03M

I grew up on Staten Island during the 1970's; believe me when I tell you have forgotten more about racism then you'll ever likely know.

Oh and for bonus points spent much time in Bayridge and Bensonhurst during 1980's. So there....

Old 10-04-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShayLove View Post
Or he could easily come live among your good little hood peeps... Possibly to become snoody neighbors together... Yeah.. that sounds about white right to me!

I definitely don't think it would be a primary residence for them, but its a pretty good discrete location for the UES.

If true this would make their *third* home.

Obamas buy their rental home in Washington, keep home in Chicago - Chicago Tribune

Old 10-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I'm automatically skeptical of any "exclusives" reported in the New York Post, though I suppose this could be true. Still, even if the Os are making as much money as speculated, that is a lot of very expensive real estate for an unemployed ex-president: a huge mansion in Kenwood, Chicago; a second mansion in Kalorama, D.C.; and now a huge and expensive duplex on East End. If the report is true, I bet one of the other two will be sold.

And I'd be thrilled to have him here. Whatever you thought of his presidency Obama had style, class, and decorum and would bring it here to NY. People here would appreciate that, especially considering the clown who is in the White House now.

The Obamas are not now nor likely ever to be short of money again. They are loaded and raking in cash much like the Clintons once did or still do.

Whatever some others might think, Obama is still a "rock star" in certain circles; and could easily make tens of millions per on a lecture/speaking circuit. That and or any number of companies run by the set Obamas now run with would be happy to put him on this or that board of directors and or otherwise give either a nice job.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:30 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I'm automatically skeptical of any "exclusives" reported in the New York Post, though I suppose this could be true. Still, even if the Os are making as much money as speculated, that is a lot of very expensive real estate for an unemployed ex-president: a huge mansion in Kenwood, Chicago; a second mansion in Kalorama, D.C.; and now a huge and expensive duplex on East End. If the report is true, I bet one of the other two will be sold.

And I'd be thrilled to have him here. Whatever you thought of his presidency Obama had style, class, and decorum and would bring it here to NY. People here would appreciate that, especially considering the clown who is in the White House now.
Am thinking maybe you're color blind. Am here to tell you, the man's sense of style is as bland as they come. The same *boring* suit and shirts over and over. Trump isn't much better. The last president that could dress was Bill Clinton. The man dresses better today with nice *cut-away* collars with the proper length in ties, knotted correctly and pants that aren't oversized. A *stylist* should be hired for each president so that they learn how to dress. Could you imagine Hillary Clinton with those hideous dress suits? Americans in general dress *horribly*, save *some* New Yorkers and some people from LA, but overall it's oversized shirts, cheap *pleather* shoes and oversized pants. Melania was God send. The woman is European and knows how to *dress*, even when dressed down. Everything fits properly and she always looks fashion forward.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:48 PM

769 posts, read 1,014,664 times
definitely an apartment for the two daughters.

The Obama's still have obligations to fulfill in the nations capital for all those private military contractors.

the real money comes 5-10 years from now disguised as lecture payments from Harvard and Goldman Sachs.

progressive liberal privilege.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:39 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,769,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Am thinking maybe you're color blind. Am here to tell you, the man's sense of style is as bland as they come. The same *boring* suit and shirts over and over. Trump isn't much better. The last president that could dress was Bill Clinton. The man dresses better today with nice *cut-away* collars with the proper length in ties, knotted correctly and pants that aren't oversized. A *stylist* should be hired for each president so that they learn how to dress. Could you imagine Hillary Clinton with those hideous dress suits? Americans in general dress *horribly*, save *some* New Yorkers and some people from LA, but overall it's oversized shirts, cheap *pleather* shoes and oversized pants. Melania was God send. The woman is European and knows how to *dress*, even when dressed down. Everything fits properly and she always looks fashion forward.
When I say style, class, and decorum I am not referring to his clothes. You are correct in that Obama was well-dressed but not particularly stylish or fashion forward -- though I'm not sure that's what the country wants to see in a president. I was, however, referring to his speech, behavior, poise, and good taste, which are immeasurably better than anything we'll ever see with DT. And as to Melania, I actually agree with you. She dresses quite well and fashionably. Michelle did too of course. But the styles were different--Michelle's very American, Melania's very European. I think both look great.

Last edited by citylove101; 10-04-2017 at 04:47 PM..

Old 10-04-2017, 04:43 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,669,164 times
That would be hilarious, because it would endlessly gall Trump, how he gets reviled, while Obama gets cheered.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
That would be hilarious, because it would endlessly gall Trump, how he gets reviled, while Obama gets cheered.

Am guessing the Clintons aren't too thrilled with prospects of Obamas setting up camp in NYC, even if only a pied-a-terre.

Aside from old liberal Fraus and a few other core/true believers the Clintons are losing much of their luster. OTOH the Obamas are still rock stars and easily move in circles both in USA and internationally, but perhaps of a different mind set or generation of wealth.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:22 AM

769 posts, read 1,014,664 times
Hillary is done, finally. The Uranium 1 deal is going to put her away for a long time.

Thank you Anthony Weiner. 😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City