Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 10:47 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,227 times

Advertisements

Assimilate haha most don't want to learn English and yet vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 12:16 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Thank you!

However you left out Dominicans and Salvadorans.
Why are Hispanic always singled out for being here illegally or extending their stay when there are tons of others here illegally as well (West Indian, Asian, European etc)

Mexicans have become the face of illegal immigration when my Chinese restuarant is full of illegals

They barely speak English as well not assimilate

I blame trump

Old 10-20-2017, 12:18 AM

34,003 posts, read 47,230,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
i think this may be the first time I ever found myself agreeing with De Blasio
DeBlasio actually has been ringing bells this week. He said the self-driving cars should have consulted with NYPD and DOT first. I agree. but he lost major points for not liking the Yankees. LoL j/k

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-20-2017, 04:05 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,306,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
he lost major points for not liking the Yankees. LoL j/k
He's got my vote then.

Old 10-20-2017, 04:09 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,306,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Why are Hispanic always singled out for being here illegally or extending their stay when there are tons of others here illegally as well (West Indian, Asian, European etc)

Mexicans have become the face of illegal immigration when my Chinese restuarant is full of illegals

They barely speak English as well not assimilate

I blame trump
Illegal Chinese immigrants only applies to a certain few neighborhoods in entire country. Mexican and Central American illegal immigration is widespread geographically.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:09 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,048,523 times
“He acts as if people from Puerto Rico can’t come here and also find their own apartment

Isn't that why God invented Miami?

Old 10-20-2017, 06:58 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
“He acts as if people from Puerto Rico can’t come here and also find their own apartment

Isn't that why God invented Miami?
Let me correct that for you... Orlando...

Old 10-20-2017, 08:09 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Illegal Chinese immigrants only applies to a certain few neighborhoods in entire country. Mexican and Central American illegal immigration is widespread geographically.
Pretty much, and if anyone bothers looking at the dreamers stats out of 800k+ there are 600k+ from Mexico. Coming in second is El Salvador with 28k so it's not even close. Chinese nationals have less than 1k on the dreamers list. So if anyone can't help but see every Chinese person that doesn't speak English as an illegal then multiply that by 800 times and you'll know how the rest of the country feels about Hispanics. There's a reason why Trump got elected by promoting the wall.

Also as much as people like to believe to be true most of the workers in Chinese restaurants aren't illegals. The overwhelming majority are just legal immigrants. People should look more at the stats instead of being blinded by racial optics.

While the ethnic make up of the dreamers don't fully represent all the illegals it's a pretty darn good gauge of the actual population of illegals. Here's a recent article about the ethnic makeup of the dreamers.

https://qz.com/1069844/who-are-the-d...-do-they-live/

Also there's nothing that riles people up more than illegal children overcrowding their schools. Especially when most of the kids dont do well and drag down all the scores. An extra Chinese takeout place down the road...not so much unless you're a real racist.

Last edited by bumblebyz; 10-20-2017 at 08:39 AM..

Old 10-20-2017, 08:16 AM

12,788 posts, read 8,276,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Pretty much, and if anyone bothers looking at the dreamers stats out of 800k+ there are 600k+ from Mexico. Coming in second is El Salvador with 28k so it's not even close. Chinese nationals have less than 1k on the dreamers list. So if anyone can't help but see every Chinese person that doesn't speak English as an illegal then multiply that by 800 times and you'll know how the rest of the country feels about Hispanics. There's a reason why Trump got elected by promoting the wall.

Also as much as people like to believe to be true most of the workers in Chinese restaurants aren't illegals. The overwhelming majority are just legal immigrants. People should look more at the stats instead of being blinded by racial optics.
Trump got elected because Americans are sick of illegals coming.... Take take take take take and send back home and to hell with America. The USA is only their *home* when they don't want to be deported. They can't build that wall soon enough. As for Puerto Ricans, they need to make up their mind. So many want to be *Independent* yet *demand* that the US treats them with the utmost respect when they are in need. Without US, their economy would be in shambles. No other way to say it. It was a mess there before the hurricane and am predicting a mess long after it.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:23 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,047,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Trump got elected because Americans are sick of illegals coming.... Take take take take take and send back home and to hell with America. The USA is only their *home* when they don't want to be deported. They can't build that wall soon enough. As for Puerto Ricans, they need to make up their mind. So many want to be *Independent* yet *demand* that the US treats them with the utmost respect when they are in need. Without US, their economy would be in shambles. No other way to say it. It was a mess there before the hurricane and am predicting a mess long after it.
Well I can imagine, especially those working in blue collar jobs like construction who compete directly with illegals. I ***** about H1Bs, but many people including myself totally underestimated the resentment towards illegals from South of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City