Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 05:41 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,114 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
White is a major commodity for women in NYC especially career driven academic types that have not hit the wall yet. Sadly I'm only half, but I'm 6 2. Oh well. Toast to nature.

[quote=FreshFresh;49980491]

Not all women in NYC want to date only white men.
Not all white women in NYC want to date only white men.

Maybe you are hanging out in the wrong crowd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 11:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
[quote=Shoshanarose;49982308]Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
White is a major commodity for women in NYC especially career driven academic types that have not hit the wall yet. Sadly I'm only half, but I'm 6 2. Oh well. Toast to nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

Not all women in NYC want to date only white men.
Not all white women in NYC want to date only white men.

Maybe you are hanging out in the wrong crowd?
Some organization did a survey on okc. The respondents were from nyc. For all women of races, white men was the first choice including for black women. Asian men was the least desirable While for men Asian women was the most desirable desirable for all races of men with black women being the least desirable. Also women found only 20 per of all men are physically and sexually attractive. While men saw 75 percent if all women average looking.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:04 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Um, because we are not all materialistic?
Some of us actually are looking primarily for a partner with whom we are emotionally compatible.
If he is more or less successful financially than we are, so be it.
It's not about being materialistic. There's a reason that most people marry within their socio-economic group. Men tend to be more open to marrying "down" than women but even that is declining.

You don't see too many doctors marrying fast food workers. Why is that?

Quote:
Not to be rude. But from your post, you sound like a real big time simp. Don't be offended and their is nothing wrong with being a simp. But what it sounds like here is that a woman must meet her equal, but at the same time a man must pay his way to be with a woman so that she can be financially sound. But yes, marriage is very high amongst educated people which is true and data backs up that claim. Women do not feel the rush to marry due to being married to their job, and this is mainly in urban areas of America. Outside of liberal inner city hip urban white America, marriage is very common, however not as successful compared to marriage of educated people in inner city hip urban white America. But I do agree, mating is very predictable here in NYC. Tall 6 foot 2, working for a firm, top college educated, living in a great neighborhood. A man like that will have a bunch of women landing on his feet. I actually known guys as such. I also known a guy, (Transplant) who did not want to move back home in white America, because he would not get any women. At his age, most of the women are married up. If not married up, the women divorced with kids. The age range is late 20s and early 30s where in his neck of the woods, women are taken or divorced, while in NYC, large portion of women in hip areas are still single at that age bracket and childless.

My current Gf is a masters degree holder, while my Ex was a grad from Stanford. All I have is a BS from CUNY.
First off, who uses the word simp anymore? Last I checked, only losers used the word simp because they were the ones who couldn't get women.

Secondly, I'm married. I've long been out of the dating game. I've got no skin in the game either way.

Thirdly, you basically agreed with my premise. Where do you disagree?

Fourthly, do you think a grad from Stanford will ultimately marry someone with a degree from CUNY or a HS grad? Chances are a Stanford grad will marry someone her equal. You see my point?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 PM

[quote=Bronxguyanese;49986126]
Quote:

Some organization did a survey on okc. The respondents were from nyc. For all women of races, white men was the first choice including for black women. Asian men was the least desirable While for men Asian women was the most desirable desirable for all races of men with black women being the least desirable. Also women found only 20 per of all men are physically and sexually attractive. While men saw 75 percent if all women average looking.

But what percentage of women did men find "attractive"?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:07 PM

[quote=Shoshanarose;49991602]
Quote:

But what percentage of women did men find "attractive"?
75 percent.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
It's not about being materialistic. There's a reason that most people marry within their socio-economic group. Men tend to be more open to marrying "down" than women but even that is declining.

First off, who uses the word simp anymore? Last I checked, only losers used the word simp because they were the ones who couldn't get women.

Secondly, I'm married. I've long been out of the dating game. I've got no skin in the game either way.

Fourthly, do you think a grad from Stanford will ultimately marry someone with a degree from CUNY or a HS grad? Chances are a Stanford grad will marry someone her equal. You see my point?
I think a graduate from Stanford would for sure marry a college grad from CUNY, no problem.
A college graduate is a college graduate. Do people really care where someone went to college?

As for a Stanford grad marrying a high school graduate, it's true that some college-educated people are snobby (!) and wouldn't consider dating a high school graduate.
Personally, I think they are shallow and narrow-minded for thinking that way, but that's me.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:13 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
Breeders, Heeders, and Leeders, are ALL gross. there I said it :->

Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I think a graduate from Stanford would for sure marry a college grad from CUNY, no problem.
A college graduate is a college graduate. Do people really care where someone went to college?

As for a Stanford grad marrying a high school graduate, it's true that some college-educated people are snobby (!) and wouldn't consider dating a high school graduate.
Personally, I think they are shallow and narrow-minded for thinking that way, but that's me.
Once again, it's not about being snobby or materialistic or this or that (for most people). I'm surprised you're so clueless.

Also, once gain, there's a reason why most people marry within their socio-economic groups.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post

I don't know about that. I'm trying to watch what I say online. I highly doubt the highly educated Ex girlfriend who went to one of the world's best school will ever get married. You are talking about assortative mating which I agree with. But you don't understand is that their is a caveat, and that caveat is numbers.

More and more women are going to college and less men are going to college, this creates a huge imbalance of eligible men to marry. Let's use Darwin logic here. If you are a woman and has a degree from Stanford and all the Stanford and ivy league grad men married out, and all that is left are men who attended public college and high school. Would you as a woman prefer to wait until the highly elite educated men get a divorce. Positive affect is that you marry within your own circle, negative wasted years on age, aged eggs and possibility of hitting the wall. Share an Stanford/Ivy League man as a side piece. Positive affect is that that grad is still within your circle or socioeconomics and enjoy the benefits of that relationship, negative affect is that you are only a side piece, and your top notch boyfriend has to go home to his S.O and treats you as number 2. That's if you are ok with that. Lower your standard and date a average college grad. Positive aspect is that even with a regular college grad, a cohesive relationship can still work do to the belief of education. Negative Aspect is that that average college guy who graduated from a public college is not in the same socio economic bracket or social circle as you. lower your standards further and date a non educated man. Negative aspect is that you as a woman will have to build this man up. Nothing positive comes out from being with a man who has no formal college education. What would you do as a woman. Let me guess, you won't mind playing 2nd fiddle in an relationship right like some educated women do. I'm sorry if I used the word simp.

Assortative dating is real, but when a short supply of top quality of men is low, what is a top quality woman supposed to do? Man share, do you prefer top women to manshare, or should she date down?

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 10-31-2017 at 08:27 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I don't know about that. I'm trying to watch what I say online. I highly doubt the highly educated Ex girlfriend who went to one of the world's best school will ever get married. You are talking about assortative mating which I agree with. But you don't understand is that their is a caveat, and that caveat is numbers. More and more women are going to college and less men are going to college, this creates a huge imbalance of eligible men to marry. Let's use Darwin logic here. If you are a woman and has a degree from Stanford and all the Stanford ivy league grad men married out, and all that is left are men who attended public college and high school. Would you as a woman prefer to wait until the highly elite educated men get a divorce, share a man as a side peice, lower your standard and date a average college grad, lower your standards further and date a non educated man. What would you do as a woman. Let me guess, you won't mind playing 2nd fiddle in an relationship right like some educated women.
Dude. Marriage rates are the HIGHEST among college graduates. College graduates also have the lowest divorce rates. The imbalance isn't as big as you make it out to be at this stage. More women have gone to college than men since the 1970's. Woman, as a rule, are more averse to dating "down" for obvious reasons.

There are outliers everywhere. That doesn't mean anything. We're talking about the 95% of the distribution. Not the outliers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City