U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-17-2008, 10:52 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,045,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
You should know more about the people you're insulting before you speak. CJMA is from Puerto Rico and is fluent in Spanish. You don't have to be brown to be Latino, and plenty of brown Latinos don't even speak Spanish. Really, I think it's you who is confused about the politics of minorities in the United States.
Thanks crisp...
Spanish is my first language...
English is my second (you can tell with all the typos around, and if you hear me speak you will notice).
And I can say, there is a lot of racism against non-english speaking people...
Especially towards latinos

Old 05-17-2008, 10:53 PM

341 posts, read 532,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Please,,, come on... a person black person walking around with a 1000 dollars suit will not have this problem...
To all of you, I do not mean to insult anyone, but you do not have the faintest idea of what I am talking about. This is White privilege.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,835,416 times
But the examples you are giving DON'T happen, of course I am not going to understand something that doesn't happen.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:55 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,605,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
But what precipitated all this violence? The very fact that these four White cops, after savagely beating Rodney King, were able to walk away scott free even though it was caught on video tape. What more proof do you need? But, however, they were first acquitted by an all White jury who viewed the tape and found all the White cops not guilty. This is White privilege. The jury and the cops were all White.
And OJ Simpson, who walked away scott free as well? Sometimes juries make bad decisions. I don't think that the white jury in LA for the King case let the officers off the hook because they were racist against black people; I don't know their reasoning but I'm sure something else was going on.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Agreed Crisp, I am begining to think Kristen just wants to go through life blaming "whitey" for all of her problems.
If even one of you, will half accept what I am trying to tell you, and not try to dismiss, than you will be a better person. Do not be a party to racism.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:56 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,045,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTINsf View Post
But what precipitated all this violence? The very fact that these four White cops, after savagely beating Rodney King, were able to walk away scott free even though it was caught on video tape. What more proof do you need? But, however, they were first acquitted by an all White jury who viewed the tape and found all the White cops not guilty. This is White privilege. The jury and the cops were all White.
Ok, you are right,, the Rodney king was a bad thing, nobody is say is not.
Your question, is there racism in the USA, yes, ofcourse.
Are white people inmmune from it.. NO.
Are white latinos inmmune from it... NO
Are black people racist also... Yes

Old 05-17-2008, 10:57 PM

1,276 posts, read 2,835,416 times
Our understating of what you are saying has nothing to do with whatever color we are. You have done a terrible job explaining "white privilege" that is why we don't understand what you are trying to say.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjma79 View Post
Thanks crisp...
Spanish is my first language...
English is my second (you can tell with all the typos around, and if you hear me speak you will notice).
And I can say, there is a lot of racism against non-english speaking people...
Especially towards latinos
Spanish/English is a language that can be learned.
If you are poor you can become rich.
But if you are Black you cannot be White.
This is White privilege.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
But the examples you are giving DON'T happen, of course I am not going to understand something that doesn't happen.
This is White privilege.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:59 PM

3,369 posts, read 7,605,024 times
But we are hearing you out!! You are giving really ridiculous examples and just because we don't buy into them doesn't mean that we are ignorant or racist. I feel bad that you really go through life feeling that white people are racist and oppressive, but I take comfort in the fact that none of the "minorities" I personally know feel that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City