Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2017, 02:42 PM

64 posts, read 58,218 times

Advertisements

I had a interview for High Hawk in May, but the building is not completed yet and it doesn't have COO. I sent out a inquiry by email to see how far is my application status. They stated that they will call when they get to my log #'s. Here the confusing part, the next day they sent me pictures of the model unit. Two weeks later sent me another photos of the building, and stated to be patient. Is anyone else going though this and does anyone know if I do have a chance with this building. what I really want to know is after waiting for this building to be build as well for the inspection, they sent me pictures of the apartment can they still denied me a unit. I do have a prefer CB + log # 2000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2017, 02:57 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
You have a chance as long as you're not outright denied. Your CB preference and low log number make your chances great.

Old 10-29-2017, 03:07 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizahazel49 View Post
I had a interview for High Hawk in May, but the building is not completed yet and it doesn't have COO. I sent out a inquiry by email to see how far is my application status. They stated that they will call when they get to my log #'s. Here the confusing part, the next day they sent me pictures of the model unit. Two weeks later sent me another photos of the building, and stated to be patient. Is anyone else going though this and does anyone know if I do have a chance with this building. what I really want to know is after waiting for this building to be build as well for the inspection, they sent me pictures of the apartment can they still denied me a unit. I do have a prefer CB + log # 2000.
Of course you can still be denied. Just cause they sent you pictures doesn't mean the apt is yours.
The building isn't finished yet, they will probably be needing updated paper work in from you in another month or so. So if your income has changed, any bank statements that don't add up, etc etc etc you will get denied. There are many reasons to get denied. Think positive but don't count on it till you signed a lease.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:23 PM

Well, my income and bank statements hasn't changes . They stated to be prepare to submitted updated documents and the moving in dated should be next month. I am trying to be very positive but I really need to know, do I got it or not. I don't like all this waiting. Its stop things I wanted to do. I wanted to change my furniture throughout my apartment. but if I am going to move, then I can't do that. And my old landlord sold the building that I am living in, so this new landlord is like he don't care if anyone in the building cause he want to renovated the whole building. He stated it difficult to renovate when it occupy with tenants, so I am desperate.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:40 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,184 times
Um, you might actually qualify for "special" housing. I'd look into that.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:44 PM

4,772 posts, read 6,571,114 times
This is a very difficult process to go through. It can make you crazy. But if you end up with an affordable apartment in a great building, it's worth it.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:43 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Nice looking building:

Is that El going to be a problem for those facing it?

Old 10-30-2017, 07:58 AM

I am sorry but what is "special housing"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City