Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 2,500 times

Advertisements

I received an interview invitation but I'm not sure if I should even go. When I applied, I was in the income range but that was almost a year ago. My income has gone up and I assume I would just get denied right away. Should I even try going?

My log number was in the 5xx..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2018, 12:17 PM

201 posts, read 291,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan132 View Post
I received an interview invitation but I'm not sure if I should even go. When I applied, I was in the income range but that was almost a year ago. My income has gone up and I assume I would just get denied right away. Should I even try going?

They ask for paystubs, if your paystubs are going to calculate over the income band.. don't bother they ask for WAAAAAY too much personal information for you to just get denied. I had to drop out of a few lotteries because i made too much

Old 09-26-2018, 12:39 PM

160 posts, read 277,771 times
Quote:

You should go because the income requirements are now based off of the 2018 Ami which has also gone up

Old 09-26-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
You should go because the income requirements are now based off of the 2018 Ami which has also gone up
It's not based off 2018 AMI's unless indicated on the actual flier. it's based off what was put out and if you don't qualify then you dont... that's why lotteries put out several phases, after the initial intake for this reason.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavenoclue View Post
It's not based off 2018 AMI's unless indicated on the actual flier. it's based off what was put out and if you don't qualify then you dont... that's why lotteries put out several phases, after the initial intake for this reason.
From my experience it does matter on the New Years AMI. I applied to a lottery and the max income was 53k. When the new AMI came out they inform me of income brackets changed and the max was changed to 58k. The minimum doesn’t change. The max does.

Maybe it depends on the developer. But that’s from my experience.

Old 09-26-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatias1216 View Post
From my experience it does matter on the New Years AMI. I applied to a lottery and the max income was 53k. When the new AMI came out they inform me of income brackets changed and the max was changed to 58k. The minimum doesn’t change. The max does.

Maybe it depends on the developer. But that’s from my experience.
OH WOW! Maybe new rule/ developers discretion? I WISHHHH that was in affect 2 years ago, they denied me because of OT. It GORGEOUS building too. and the OT only made me over by 168 dollars.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:34 AM

3 posts, read 2,500 times
Where can I check the new year's AMI? Sorry new to all this.

I don't think I'll still be within requirement tho. I switched jobs recently and am currently making about 75% more than what I was when I applied. And haven't really seen my income fit into any of the new lotteries. I'm in an awkward bracket.

Old 09-27-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:

I don't think I'll still be within requirement tho. I switched jobs recently and am currently making about 75% more than what I was when I applied. And haven't really seen my income fit into any of the new lotteries. I'm in an awkward bracket.
https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/renter...e-housing.page

Old 09-27-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:

that's annoying when you're in an awkward bracket because rent is too high and then you make too much for an affordable apartment but can't afford non affordable rent. That was my situation last year up until July 2017.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:18 AM

also does anybody else feel as if the low income bands get to move into the luxuriousss buildings while the 60% AMI's get regular buildings.. so it's like either you make too much to live in the REALLY nice luxury buildings or too little..then get stuck in the mediocre building that's not too bad but who doesn't love luxury...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City