U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 08:21 AM

30 posts, read 30,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensnative109 View Post
I am a Queens Native raised all my life and I can say where the building has been placed is in a perfect location to travel to the city and the airport. Gentrification is soon to set in that area because that building is being placed there. Its the first High Rise apartment building at that stop.

The area is not dangerous and the police are ALWAYS patrolling due to tourist coming to and from the airport.
You come out of the LIRR and the apt building is literally at the corner. It's EXTREMELY HUGE!Great Shopping area , food shopping a good schools both private and public.

I applied beginning of NOV...Contacted FEB 7th....Interviewed FEB 16TH.....returned additional documents few days later and I'm currently just waiting to hear back at this point. LOG #2O,xxx.
They are looking to fill apartments in April 2018 from what I was told. I definitely will not be passing this opportunity up. I want a 2 bedroom.

I wonder whats the next steps ...
Hi queensnative109, can you shed any light on the questions they ask in the interview? I have mine in mid-April and am nervous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 12:34 AM

29 posts, read 54,022 times
Hey everyone. I have a log # of 51XXX, no preference.
I recieved an email this week to schedule an interview.

I've been trying every lottery for the past four years. I've even had log #s at 7XX and lower, with no call backs. I definitely wasn't expecting to 'win' the opportunity to have the interview with this building.

I, too, do not know much about the location. I plan on visiting the area soon.
I hope it's safe.

Last edited by Astorium; 02-28-2018 at 12:44 AM..

Old 03-02-2018, 04:25 PM

1 posts, read 4,980 times
I got the email yesterday. My log number was in the 60,000s. This is the first interview I've ever got for one of these so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I meet the income qualifications and have no problem with producing those documents, but that is an extensive list of other documents (not sure why they need all of them). If I don't want to or can't produce everything, is it even worth my time? Is every single item essential?

Thanks.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:45 PM

119 posts, read 59,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sem620 View Post
I got the email yesterday. My log number was in the 60,000s. This is the first interview I've ever got for one of these so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I meet the income qualifications and have no problem with producing those documents, but that is an extensive list of other documents (not sure why they need all of them). If I don't want to or can't produce everything, is it even worth my time? Is every single item essential?

Thanks.

Make sure you get every single item or else they can reject you, it will be stressful but it will be worth the wait.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:47 PM

29 posts, read 54,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sem620 View Post

Thanks.

I have the same question.
For instance, my passpost expired last year, but I never renewed it because I don't travel.

Also, I don't have a landline phone, so I don't have a phone bill to produce.
My cell phone bill is a part of a family plan, and it's under my mother's name. So I can't produce that either.
But they are asking for one in the list.

I don't know how important it is.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:24 PM

136 posts, read 121,076 times
i have log # 21,xxx but no invitations for me, what gives people much higher logs and they getting emails.

Old 03-04-2018, 05:39 AM

17 posts, read 48,750 times
I have an interview for this location this week. My log number is 13,XXX. I have no preference, so the odds of me getting an apartment in this building is slim to none. Nonetheless, I will take this as an experience.

Last edited by Newyorkminute; 03-04-2018 at 06:45 AM..

Old 03-04-2018, 07:48 AM

20,317 posts, read 26,792,406 times
I can see them ignoring the 80-100's as too wealthy for subsidy but then why subsidize 165%...or at least why CALL them subsidized except to pad the numbers of "affordable apartments?

Old 03-04-2018, 03:01 PM

5 posts, read 11,190 times
I had an interview last week. BTW this my second time winning this type of lottery. I declined 461 Dean because apt was way too small. I have a few concerns about Alvista. I spent a couple of hours at the office and I was the only one white person there. There were at least 15-20 ppl at that time. Don't get me wrong but still found it to be really awkward. The area doesn't seem to be too good either. Apartment price that I qualified for is at least $400-600 more from the current market price. The building is still under construction and looks like they have a long way to go. No pictures of apartments anywhere to be found, so really don't know what to expect. Also, had to pay 50$ for verification which I never had to do for previous lotteries. Hope it's legit and not some type of scam. LIRR is very pricey. What are your thoughts guys?

Old 03-04-2018, 03:44 PM

18,572 posts, read 33,130,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelenamak View Post
I had an interview last week. BTW this my second time winning this type of lottery. I declined 461 Dean because apt was way too small. I have a few concerns about Alvista. I spent a couple of hours at the office and I was the only one white person there. There were at least 15-20 ppl at that time. Don't get me wrong but still found it to be really awkward. The area doesn't seem to be too good either. Apartment price that I qualified for is at least $400-600 more from the current market price. The building is still under construction and looks like they have a long way to go. No pictures of apartments anywhere to be found, so really don't know what to expect. Also, had to pay 50$ for verification which I never had to do for previous lotteries. Hope it's legit and not some type of scam. LIRR is very pricey. What are your thoughts guys?
The area looks worse than what it really is. I would only worry about walking around Sutphin and the LIRR late at night because those blocks can be desolate so its easy to get robbed. The neighborhood gets really bad south of Liberty Avenue, you wouldn't have any reason to walk around there anyway. As long as you stick to Jamaica Avenue and around the LIRR you should have no problems.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or