Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 07:22 PM

47 posts, read 69,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolie1806 View Post
Below is the response I just received :

Dear Jacqueline,

1. There is no big difference between the studios at each price level. The rent prices just correspond to the income levels of that tier.

2. If you choose to proceed, you would be processed as 165%. We would assign your case to one of our leasing administrators at which point they would contact you to discuss your application and your documents. If you're missing anything, they will inform you. Once your application bundle is complete, we would verify that you do in fact qualify for the 165%. If you do not qualify for the 165%, then you will still remain where you are on the log and be eligible for the lower tiered units. But at that point we would only be able to process you if we reach your log number before the building is filled. If you do qualify for the 165% units, that is when we would run your credit check which costs $50. Once that is run, and if you decide to back out of the 165%, you will be placed back in your original spot on the log, but we would not be able to refund the $50. Alternately, if you qualify for the 165% units, and decide you want to keep proceeding with that, we will send your application to the city for final approval. If approved, the next step would be signing the lease. At that point, you would be able to view the apartment before signing the lease.

I hope this information helps. I see you said you want to move forward with the 165% but I just want you to confirm that after hearing this information. Do you want to proceed with the 165% units? Please get back to me as soon as you can.
Here it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2018, 08:58 PM

36 posts, read 71,025 times
@ Lowshay I see, thanks for the repost. I just can't decide lol. Not sure how long the wait will be if I go back to 120 and they told me my chances were low. It seemed so promising at first and I really want to move.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:38 AM

319 posts, read 400,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluv90 View Post
@ Lowshay I see, thanks for the repost. I just can't decide lol. Not sure how long the wait will be if I go back to 120 and they told me my chances were low. It seemed so promising at first and I really want to move.
i'm really pissed they interviewed all these people for nothing
you have 340 apartments and you interviewed over 3k people for what ?
i'm in the 120+ as well

this is the worst lottery i ever seen in my life

Old 08-03-2018, 08:03 AM

15 posts, read 19,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowShay View Post
Congrats Misshoney!!

Were you part of the group that opted for the 165 AMI or were you approved via your original standing? If so what group were you in? It may help the other people on the board who are still waiting.

See you in the hood.

@KenKen93 - good luck with the bond street site. It looks like a great location and building. Definitely a more established location than Alvista is right now. Let us know how it goes.

I was told when they reached my log number the 2 bedroom units at the 160 Ami were filled, so I got the next 1 bedroom in the next Ami bracket . How about you ?

Old 08-03-2018, 08:37 AM

158 posts, read 251,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misshoneyy View Post
I was told when they reached my log number the 2 bedroom units at the 160 Ami were filled, so I got the next 1 bedroom in the next Ami bracket . How about you ?
Hi misshoney, congratulations! What is your log range again?

Old 08-03-2018, 10:39 AM

If anyone is interested, floorplans are up on their website.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:48 AM

32 posts, read 39,114 times
thanks thunderblue!

Old 08-03-2018, 10:54 AM

32 posts, read 39,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderblue View Post
If anyone is interested, floorplans are up on their website.

Now I'm confused, I thought this building was 100% for individuals that were from the Housing Connect Lottery. I may be wrong...Now the public can inquire on particular units, What happens to the individuals that were waitlisted or were never contacted or still waiting for "next steps" ! I really feel like inquiring about one of these units just as a back up, I give up... This stress is to much...

Old 08-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl_ View Post
Now I'm confused, I thought this building was 100% for individuals that were from the Housing Connect Lottery. I may be wrong...Now the public can inquire on particular units, What happens to the individuals that were waitlisted or were never contacted or still waiting for "next steps" ! I really feel like inquiring about one of these units just as a back up, I give up... This stress is to much...
You are right, 100% of the units are supposed to be affordable units to be allocated to Housingconnect applicants. But my theory is, they probably got approval from the city to offer some of the vacant apartments to the public because:

1. There are not enough qualified applicants for high AMI units
2. Even if qualified, many are not liking the apartments at 165 or 130 AMI prices simply because it's not worth it.
3. Difficulty finding 50% CB applicants to fill the high AMI units.

Old 08-03-2018, 11:16 AM

30 posts, read 49,340 times
Thanks for sharing all! It's very strange because they contacted me for the 165% AMI apartments, told me I would hear from a leasing administrator, haven't heard yet so I reached back out and they said they have to go by log numbers and there are others they are working with who have lower log numbers so I have to wait.

So they are still going by log numbers, yet offering them to the public? I'm honestly just so confused and annoyed with the lack of transparency with this process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery