Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2018, 06:55 AM

10 posts, read 13,855 times

Advertisements

yes approved for 1 bedroom 1121 move in sept 7
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 10:47 AM

319 posts, read 400,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieNova94 View Post
another log band
i'm guessing they haven't touched 120+ logs yet

Old 08-23-2018, 11:53 AM

11 posts, read 14,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieNova94 View Post

I`m not sure if you mentioned before but do you have any preferences such as CB, Municipal Employees, etc.

Old 08-24-2018, 10:57 AM

17 posts, read 24,646 times
ughhhhh this process is soooo slow. Anyone get a decision/approval about 120% AMI? Particularly those who had their info sent to the city already? This is so frustrating.

Old 08-24-2018, 11:04 AM

319 posts, read 400,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afewquestions View Post
ughhhhh this process is soooo slow. Anyone get a decision/approval about 120% AMI? Particularly those who had their info sent to the city already? This is so frustrating.
i don't think there's anyone with 120+ who has been contacted yet let along have their credit ran

Old 08-24-2018, 11:57 AM

6 posts, read 7,125 times
I'm in the 120% AMI bracket and I've had my credit ran, but haven't heard anything. I called them recently and they basically said that they don't know when they will get to my log number. It's so frustrating because my interview was in February and my background check was done in April. Every time I call them, I get a different response.

Old 08-24-2018, 12:02 PM

10 posts, read 13,855 times
just that i currently live in queens

Old 08-24-2018, 12:08 PM

36 posts, read 71,051 times
For those who live in queens or within that community get a higher preference. Its a double chance of getting an apartment if you live in that community and are a city worker. I declined the studio for 1729 in the 165 AMI and my credit was ran and everything. I requested to be back on the 120 but I was told my chances are very low as there is but so much available apartments left. Especially since 50% of the apartments under this affording housing thing goes to the community and then counting the city employees. So I guess my chances are done. However congrats to those who are able to get in. Again if you live in the community and are a city worker your chances of getting an apartment is a lot higher than me. Who knows when they will reach the 120 bands, hopefully soon for those waiting.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:28 PM

158 posts, read 251,163 times
Basically, whenever someone calls the office they say they haven't reached the log number. The case is that the people who are managing and processing the applications are different from who are answering the phone calls/emails. I am in 20k range and when I called for an update, I was told that there are around 20k people ahead of me. That was plain stupid and outright lie and clearly, the rep had no idea how the process works.

August is almost over and the fact that there are folks who were interviewed months ago but still no credit check was done is extremely frustrating. Also, like in JRG529's case above, there are applicants whose credit was run months ago but no new update as of now. This is quite annoying.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:13 AM

17 posts, read 24,646 times
I am in the 120, have already had a credit check and my files were sent off to the city in late May, but still have received no update. i emailed them for an update a couple weeks ago and never got a response. I am so confused. Seemed like progress was being made, and then silence....

I would just hate it if the city approves me, but the developer still asks me to resubmit documents AGAIN or re-verify income just because of the process has been dragged out so long. I would hope that if the city approves me, there would be no more paperwork (other than a lease) and I can move in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery