Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:21 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,345,782 times

Advertisements

I guess that's not most. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 08:30 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,843,436 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAdtfkoRJ2s

Old 10-31-2017, 08:33 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,843,436 times
sorry, you don't realize how hard it is out here for some of us!

Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,345,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
sorry, you don't realize how hard it is out here for some of us!
Do you think it's only hard out there for you? My wife and I are trying to buy a home/condo/coop in NYC. Do you think we have trust funds? lol

Old 10-31-2017, 09:14 PM

75 posts, read 81,309 times
This board needs a housing sub-forum while people need a place to live.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:22 PM

31,745 posts, read 26,697,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold miner View Post
This board needs a housing sub-forum while people need a place to live.

Let's not go there again.

That flag has been hoisted numerous times, and promptly shot down by CD.

Old 11-01-2017, 07:16 AM

782 posts, read 855,188 times
As painfully annoying as all those lotteries threads are, we've been over this before and nothing will be done. The fact that there are so many threads on this topic just shows that this is something that many NYC residents have on their minds. Its funny though, the lottery thread posters are like a faction of their own on this board...you almost never see them post in any other threads.

But you know what's even more annoying than the lottery discussions? All of the posters on here that politicize absolutely everything or make it about race. I'd rather skim through lottery threads than see perfectly good topics go off track and become an arbitrary argument.

Last edited by funcrusher3000; 11-01-2017 at 08:13 AM..

Old 11-01-2017, 11:44 AM

965 posts, read 1,109,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
As painfully annoying as all those lotteries threads are, we've been over this before and nothing will be done. The fact that there are so many threads on this topic just shows that this is something that many NYC residents have on their minds. Its funny though, the lottery thread posters are like a faction of their own on this board...you almost never see them post in any other threads.

But you know what's even more annoying than the lottery discussions? All of the posters on here that politicize absolutely everything or make it about race. I'd rather skim through lottery threads than see perfectly good topics go off track and become an arbitrary argument.
I lol'ed at the bold.
I joined the board as a member of the "Lottery Faction", but have across many interesting topics and have participated in them; though, I stay clear of participating in anything political or racial for obvious reasons. Doesn't seem to ever end well and just results into an all out flame war. They make interesting reads, though.

But you are right. A few names pop up when I think of said Faction.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:45 PM

31,745 posts, read 26,697,092 times
Due to the nearly instant and so forth ways Google archives posts from CD, anyone searching for information regarding these "affordable lotteries" brings up page after page of hits. People click on those links that bring them to CD, assume this a "forum for those applying for lottery apartments to exchange ideas, help each other" and other such nonsense, and there you are then.

CD has no problems with this because, well that is how the place makes its money. All those clicks from Google or other links, and then new members and so forth create a treasure trove of data. And as we all know today on the internet it is all about data mining and what all those bits are worth.

Mark Zuckerberg isn't worth tens of billions because he created a platform for MeeMaw and Pop Pop to share/send pictures of their grand kids. Nor is CD "free" simply because they want people to talk about various subjects or where they live.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:20 PM

7,898 posts, read 7,821,158 times
I’m in a few of em and i agree. I feel we need one for NYCHA too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City