Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 07:50 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I guess. I make it a point never to get into cars with strangers.. that means yellow cabs, green cabs, uber, lyft, etc. I don't feel like getting raped (my butt and my wallet). Use the damn subway and plan better. Cabs just seem like things for disabled people to use. Or people who want BJ's late at night, GROSS! I can count on ONE hand the number of times I've had a positive cab ride experience having used them for like 20 years. They smell and Uber and Lyft smells WORSE.

I am with you, Aquarius. Cabs are for being rushed to the Emergency Room. For anything else, subways and buses are just fine.

I see lots of green cabs go by because I am 3 blocks from their demarcation line at 96th Street (East Side). They can drop off below 96th but not pick up. I guess if someone needs a quick cab, 96th Street is a good place to hail one.

Last edited by Kefir King; 11-04-2017 at 09:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 11:00 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I guess. I make it a point never to get into cars with strangers.. that means yellow cabs, green cabs, uber, lyft, etc. I don't feel like getting raped (my butt and my wallet). Use the damn subway and plan better. Cabs just seem like things for disabled people to use. Or people who want BJ's late at night, GROSS! I can count on ONE hand the number of times I've had a positive cab ride experience having used them for like 20 years. They smell and Uber and Lyft smells WORSE.
If you take the bus/train you are also riding with strangers. The probability of your butt getting raped, assaulted, robbed, etc is higher on a train/bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City