Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 04:17 PM

86 posts, read 172,476 times

Advertisements

I been waiting like 15 years and there are about 2 dozen people ahead of me. The list is slow, any idea when I will get called?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 07:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,428 times
My daughters father asked me to go to court and say he has 50% custody of our daughter ( even though he only takes her every other weekend ) so he and his gf can qualify for a 3 bedroom Coop(since they are planning to have a kid). They currently have a one bedroom Coop through the Mitchell Lama, And he said he would lose the down payment if he doesn’t go through another Mitchell Lama apartment. And he said he would lose the down payment if he doesn’t go through another Mitchell Mama apartment. I’m confused about the whole thing, and I feel like that’s going to open up a whole bunch of new problems regarding the child support I get from her. Any input?

Old 12-28-2018, 08:29 AM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Juliadee, it seems to me you need competent legal advice, not musings from random people on a bulletin board. That way you can have cover. If your lawyer advises against it, just tell your ex, Sorry, but my lawyer advised against it. Case closed.

Old 12-28-2018, 10:40 AM

1,339 posts, read 1,682,286 times
You don't put a down payment on a ML apartment unless you qualify and are selected. Something sounds fishy. If he doesn't qualify for a three bedroom, why is he paying for one?

Tell him your attorney said no. It will affect your child support. Put your foot down. PLUS the fact that he is scamming affordable housing should be enough. They can apply for the bigger apartment once she has the child like EVERYONE ELSE.

Old 12-28-2018, 11:59 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
For serious, do not get caught up in scamming the program for someone else's benefit. (I mean, you shouldn't do it at all, but it would be especially dumb to do it when you're not even getting anything out of it.)

Old 12-31-2018, 06:05 AM

120 posts, read 186,220 times
Juliadee...do NOT do it. Yes, it will affect your child support. They will not necessarily qualify for 3 bedroom unless they have a son anyway. And they will not give you an extra bedroom because you are "planning on having another child." Said child must exist.

Old 03-04-2019, 08:23 PM

23 posts, read 40,556 times
Hi Friends,
That’s the only place we’re I can ask questions and get the I honest answers..
For some reason some lucky winners (I know..) doesn’t like to share.
1.I got a lucky number for 3 badroom and expect interview on this month, but my family is 3 not 5 people.. so would like to add my parents for our taxes in this year, do you think it’s ok?
2.we have no lease, because our current tiny apartment is part of my husband salary, it will be a problem!?

Old 03-05-2019, 03:28 AM

It never ceases to amaze me.

Adding your parents and not having them move in with you is FRAUD.

Three people do not need to be in a three bedroom.

You are a scammer. It is because of scammers that it’s so hard to find affordable housing.

Old 03-05-2019, 05:19 AM

1,486 posts, read 987,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryweel View Post
Hi Friends,
That’s the only place we’re I can ask questions and get the I honest answers..
For some reason some lucky winners (I know..) doesn’t like to share.
1.I got a lucky number for 3 badroom and expect interview on this month, but my family is 3 not 5 people.. so would like to add my parents for our taxes in this year, do you think it’s ok?
2.we have no lease, because our current tiny apartment is part of my husband salary, it will be a problem!?
Wow. Every time someone comes to this forum to get reassurance to try cheat the system it just makes me laugh a little inside. Like receiving justification by random strangers on a forum will ease their conscious while undergoing their actions

Old 03-05-2019, 05:44 AM

And another thing. Cherryweel seems to think that just because she got a log number with three people for a three bedroom she qualifies. It doesn’t work like that!! They give log numbers to everyone but they will disqualify you because you don’t meet the family composition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery