U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:24 AM

76 posts, read 52,113 times

Advertisements

Two co-op wait-lists are open right now and they're doing lotteries. 2 PRIME buildings. Wanted to start a new thread for it since there are alot of ML threads on here and everything seems to be kinda fragmented

Studios & 1 Bedrooms - Big 6 Towers in Woodside, Queens

3 Bedrooms - Washington Square SE on Houston St. & Laguardia Pl.

apply here:

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...rrent-projects

The 3 bed occupancy rules seem kinda tough for the Greenwich Village building. But what a deal. Under $30k buy in and maintenance is under $1k.

Big 6 towers is a great place and there are 7 buildings there (almost 1000 apartments total) so I'm sure those lists will move a lot quicker than Washington Square SE's 3 bed list.

I think throughout the new year we will see other buildings open up their lists and do lotteries. You gotta realize these buildings were all built 50+ years ago and are stocked full of the original tenants. People pass away and do not leave succession, or transfer internally, so we're seeing more and more buildings have real vacancies. I would have never thought that York Hill or Washington Square would do a new lottery in a million years, and here we are..

Good luck to everyone applying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,413 times
Minimum 5 bodies for a 3 bed ??? good luck

Old 11-04-2017, 02:11 PM

3,700 posts, read 2,485,824 times
Whoa i just signed into the mitchell lama section of Housing Connect and I'm very confused by it. Can someone give a brief description of how this program works? I think I know how it works, but viewing the listings makes it confusing. These are clearly for purchase apartments right like condos/co-ops? so i'm totally out of the loop I wouldn't be able to come up with the down payment and probably don't qualify credit wise (666-670 are my credit scores even though I have never missed a payment on anything in a gazillion years... it's just too much debt to income ratio at this point trying to stay afloat in this city, i screwed myself).

Old 11-04-2017, 05:57 PM

111 posts, read 74,511 times
M-L is pretty straight forward. Most are co-ops. There are a few apartment buildings left but not much. Many range in price but expect to pay at least 10k. That will also depend on the unit size. The maintenance tends to be low so if you can come up with the purchase price it is worth it. You can get a personal loan but you won't be able to get much else. A few buildings work with a credit union but the one we just purchased did not. There are maximum income limits (and minimum) but it varies by building. I don't think your credit score would be an issue. It's not terrible.

Most of the buildings have a years long waitlist and it depends on the location and how many units are available. If you are a veteran you get preference.

You have nothing to lose by putting yourself on a few lists. Most have an application fee that is returnable if you decide you do not want to be on the list anymore. It could be a few years to a decade before you are called and by then you may have the money you need to purchase or be able to borrow it. It you are planning on staying in NYC it's worth it to apply. If you move you must update your address and send a SASE for them to confirm they received it. They snail mail you when your name comes up and they DO NOT call. I applied before they did it online so maybe now they will contact you electronically if that is the way you applied.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:57 PM

1,688 posts, read 1,659,276 times
I just applied to the Big Six. I haven't been too lucky to date, but it doesn't hurt to try!

Old 11-04-2017, 09:02 PM

687 posts, read 275,546 times
OCCUPANCY STANDARDS: Three Bedrooms: No fewer than (A) five (5) persons, (B) parent(s) or guardian(s) with two children of the opposite sex, (C) a household of three adults with one child where at least one adult is the parent or guardian of such child, or (D) a household of one parent or guardian and his or her three children shall occupy a three-bedroom apartment

This occupancy is confusing
So does a single mom with 2 adult children of opposite sexes qualify?

Old 11-04-2017, 09:11 PM

2,456 posts, read 1,806,602 times
anyways, I also applied to the Big Six, even though I am no fan of Queens, unless it's LIC.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:40 PM

532 posts, read 454,439 times
I applied for both.
I can't wait to get the not selected log lol.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:41 PM

532 posts, read 454,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post
OCCUPANCY STANDARDS: Three Bedrooms: No fewer than (A) five (5) persons, (B) parent(s) or guardian(s) with two children of the opposite sex, (C) a household of three adults with one child where at least one adult is the parent or guardian of such child, or (D) a household of one parent or guardian and his or her three children shall occupy a three-bedroom apartment

Aren't you so a called billionaire and now President.
Why do you need our affordable housing?

Old 11-05-2017, 11:53 AM

76 posts, read 52,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldJTrump View Post

That is an interesting question. I am not sure. A single mom with 2 children of the opposite sex would definitely qualify. But adult children? I don't think so - anyone 18+ would be on the lease and their income would be included into the overall composition of the household.

You might as well apply anyway and cross that bridge when you get to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or