Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:23 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,576,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
My question is, if you want to sell it, can you sell it at market rate after a certain amount of time or are you stuck in the poor house forever?
This will be available on the offering plan. In general, you can resell the property after certain period of time pass, such as after 20-25 years. If you decide to sell it before that 20-25 years, then you have to sell it to people that fall within the same income guideline that make you eligible at that time, which is likely to be 120% AMI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANTNYCAPART View Post
i can apply since it seems i make a whooping 65k for no reason lol
You can apply all you want, but the important part is getting call for the interview, or offer of a log number. Good luck!

Old 12-06-2017, 01:31 PM

23 posts, read 39,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
You can apply all you want, but the important part is getting call for the interview, or offer of a log number. Good luck!
Since this is the only home ownership offered by HPD in NYC it will be well subscribed in the lottery. If you don't qualify for a preference, there are only 2 apartments for the balance of the City.

Since this is not on Housing Connect, fewer applications will be received. The last home ownership HPD lottery had about 4500 applications for 75 Condos in Brooklyn.

Good Luck

Old 12-15-2017, 11:46 AM

13 posts, read 17,323 times
Hi all. I am an applicant for Site 1 and I have a question! Does anyone know exactly WHEN the log numbers are assigned, and also exactly when the preferences are done in relation to that? More specifically, are ALL applicants put into the system, then randomized and assigned numbers, and then the preferences are filled by log # order from there -- or are preferences filled randomly and not by log #? OR are the preferences filtered into a separate category before the log numbers are even done? Are they given a separate set of log numbers? I don't get it! For instance, I am a city worker, so I get the 5% preference, but I am confused on exactly how the selection process goes. If I get log # 400, let's say, do they just work through all the lower numbers than me for the city preference category first?

Old 12-15-2017, 06:42 PM

23 posts, read 39,694 times
All applications are entered into the lottery an assigned random #'s. This should happen in Mid-February.
The interviews will be conducted in order of the various set-asides and preferences: mobility, visual/hearing, community board, muni, all others.

The order of interviews by set-aside or preference is in log#order for that preference.

If the first Mobility application has Log #400, they would be the first interview. Then the first visual/hearing applicant has Log # 5, then the first community board could be Log # 14,000, etc.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGreenTeam View Post
All applications are entered into the lottery an assigned random #'s. This should happen in Mid-February.
The interviews will be conducted in order of the various set-asides and preferences: mobility, visual/hearing, community board, muni, all others.

The order of interviews by set-aside or preference is in log#order for that preference.

If the first Mobility application has Log #400, they would be the first interview. Then the first visual/hearing applicant has Log # 5, then the first community board could be Log # 14,000, etc.
I agree!

Old 12-15-2017, 11:02 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,616,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
I agree, but it works for some people. So, it doesn't hurt to let those people apply. What it doesn't work for you doesn't mean is not going to work for others.
Oh I know, I'm just crying inside

Old 12-18-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Oh I know, I'm just crying inside
I'm sure there's something for you down the road in life. Don't give up, keep looking.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGreenTeam View Post

Thank you for your reply, Navy! I appreciate it. Additionally, I think I read somewhere that they will pull out a "batch" for a preference group and go through log numbers from there sequentially. So if they've gotten up to the city worker preference for the one available unit, for example, they would pull 10 or so, then put them in log # order and call the applicants from there to set up interviews in order? Will they set up several interviews right away in order to have backups, or will they only call other people for interviews if they rule out the first interviewee? Many thanks for your clarifications!

Old 12-21-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steno4 View Post
Thank you for your reply, Navy! I appreciate it. Additionally, I think I read somewhere that they will pull out a "batch" for a preference group and go through log numbers from there sequentially. So if they've gotten up to the city worker preference for the one available unit, for example, they would pull 10 or so, then put them in log # order and call the applicants from there to set up interviews in order? Will they set up several interviews right away in order to have backups, or will they only call other people for interviews if they rule out the first interviewee? Many thanks for your clarifications!

You can disregard. I think I have a better handle on the process now by looking through similar threads for other properties. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City