Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 PM

8 posts, read 10,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvnmylife85 View Post
At my May 11th interview they said I would receive an answer within 6-8 weeks but they only contacted me 3 weeks ago requesting my employment verification.
Hopefully we hear something soon. My worker seems pretty cool and I have called multiple times to check the status but still pending. They sent my package to HDC 08/16.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM

6 posts, read 7,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCANARIO View Post
Hopefully we hear something soon. My worker seems pretty cool and I have called multiple times to check the status but still pending. They sent my package to HDC 08/16.
Pardon my ignorance but what's HDC? I've been assigned to a new tax credit assistant and emailed her over a week ago to confirm receipt of my employment verification letter and have rec'd no response. I'm hoping that's a good sign and that they're just waiting for the okay to call us in and select our units. It's sorta relieving to be chatting with someone else who is inside of the lengthy process. Walked by the building yesterday, sidewalk is about 80% completely paved and I saw the inside of the lobby with mailboxes.

Old 09-13-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance but what's HDC? I've been assigned to a new tax credit assistant and emailed her over a week ago to confirm receipt of my employment verification letter and have rec'd no response. I'm hoping that's a good sign and that they're just waiting for the okay to call us in and select our units. It's sorta relieving to be chatting with someone else who is inside of the lengthy process. Walked by the building yesterday, sidewalk is about 80% completely paved and I saw the inside of the lobby with mailboxes.
Keep calling. I literally would call back to back like 10 times because it is hard to get to someone. If not, when the clerk picks up ask her for the supervisors name and ext.

HDC is the housing development cooperation. They give the final approval. So we're basically waiting on them to approve us. First it's the management and then its HDC. I read other comments some people mentioned that it only takes about 5 business days to get approved by HDC and some other comments say they've waited about 3 months. So I am left with anxiety waiting for them to say ANYTHING. lol

It is certainly relieving to be speaking to someone that is in the same development and waiting for them to reply. I will deff keep you posted. (Fingers crossed lol)

Old 09-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Its been exactly a month since I was contacted to verify my employment. I can't expect that it will be much longer. Octover 1st is next week. Anyone else have any updates?

Old 09-24-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.BoogieDown View Post
3xxx with preference. Anyone been contacted? If so what's your log number? I know people are already moving in.
Can someone please explain what "with preference" and what "no preference" mean?

Old 09-24-2018, 04:01 PM

1,486 posts, read 988,743 times
Quote:
Can someone please explain what "with preference" and what "no preference" mean?
Its means exactly what it sounds like.

With preference means more likely to be selected.
Without preference means you have to fight over whatever is left

Old 09-25-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Its been exactly a month since I was contacted to verify my employment. I can't expect that it will be much longer. Octover 1st is next week. Anyone else have any updates?

I was just called to go in and sign my documents again. I will find out more information 2m. I could keep you posted

Old 09-26-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn3774 View Post
I was just called to go in and sign my documents again. I will find out more information 2m. I could keep you posted
so they called you and instead of emailed? I hope I hear something soon as well! Did they specify what documents you are being called in to sign? I'll be checking back tomorrow for your update! The last time they needed me to sign something was my tax return and they requested that via email. At least they are doing something!

Old 09-30-2018, 08:24 AM

50 posts, read 85,730 times
Quote:

The individual lotteries will state whether there is preference given to specific groups for that lottery. So what Community Board you are in, whether you have a mobility, visual, or hearing disability, sometimes whether you are a municipal employee, etc. It's something you want to have, because it increases your chances.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:56 AM

8 posts, read 7,449 times
Have anyone moved in already ?
I seen some lights on in the upper floors of this building and people walking in and out ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery