Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 11:28 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times

Advertisements

I have several black doormen so I understand oppression.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:34 AM

881 posts, read 615,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
I agree. While I do not support ghetto behavior or people, I do agree with Nywriterdude that Homelessloser is in no position to be dispensing advice and talking about an entire group of people when he is in a similar predicament.
It's precisely because I'm in the midst of it all that I know.

But feel free to disregard...I know what I need to know for myself and have left a record for those who are interested -- you can keep your blinders on.

Quote:
I notice that he keeps inserting race into everything
Race is already everywhere. This very thread is a testament to that. An incredible majority of blacks and hispanics still believe in wildly different cultural norms -- hence, this thread.

But I'm not the one crying racism over normal traffic stops.

I'm not the one crying racism over normal criminal arrests.

I'm not the one crying racism in the NYT because people move out of the way when I'm coming their way.

I'm not the one crying racism on a City Data forum because people cross the street when I'm going down the street.

Et cetera.

Quote:
but I think his priority should be sorting out his situation and I mean NO disrespect.
Non taken, but that's nothing to do with the matter at hand and totally a deflection away from it.

Moreover, it speaks to the sheer intellectual dishonesty of Mr. I-Can-Sign-My-Name-So-I'm-A-Writer...not to mention the incredible cognitive dissonance among otherwise seemingly disinterested third-party observers such as yourself in not just "letting pass" that person's Trumpian antics here but even running away with it yourselves.

Anyway, my situation is being sorted out as we speak; I'm just waiting on that government money (which, as a taxpayer since 14, I've fully contributed to, averaging $15K per year for thirty years) due me...I'll have nothing more to say until I'm actually out of the shelter system and will have a very helpful little post on SOTA then.

Quote:
I'm a black male and I hate the niggly bears more than anyone else
And I'm a homeless loser and I hate the bums who comprise 99% of the able-bodied single male homeless population more than any Republican out there because these people make it so hard to get real help due to their constant abuse of the system.

Quote:
but this guy has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to the entire AA community. Probably he could explain.
If you have a specific question, you should ask. I mean, for someone who's "noticed" that I "insert race into everything," you should have no trouble asking me something specific, as opposed to playing the ol' do-you-still-beat-your-wife (loaded question) trick....

Old 12-19-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
lol, this is mean and brutal but wise advice.
And again the heckler, despite following me around constantly heckling, somehow has missed the fact that I have a job, which job involves me being online, and that I'm getting out of the shelters very, very soon with a full year's rent paid....

And you people are shocked at Trump. Even though the same morons who voted for Obama -- some even twice -- tally very highly among those who voted for Trump.

Trump is indeed very much your President even if you think you're somehow better than him.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
and above all if you wish it to be it can be quite personal...
This is another thing I've noticed with ghetto people -- they take everything deeply personally. Maybe that's why they're so big on churches -- you know, if it rains, it's a sign from God...because these lowlifes are the center of the universe so anything that happens is personal, you see.

Yeah yeah I know slavery racism Jim Crowe plus economic injustice same as the world all over and the very natural human psychological reactions to it all...yes yes yes but in the moment, when your puffy jacket very lightly and quickly (and thus hardly) brushes against the oppressed minority's puffy jacket because that oppressed minority is walking slowly into you down the subway stairs and you're just trying to catch the train before he completely blocks your path ambling with his cane -- it's really annoying to be tripped and then lectured by these intellectual midgets about how it's proper to offer an excuse-me where they come from....

Old 12-19-2017, 11:54 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
And I'm a homeless loser and I hate the bums who comprise 99% of the able-bodied single male homeless population

That is almost the definition of true racist evil.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I have several black doormen so I understand oppression.
And I went to a majority black high school, majority black church with a black pastor, had several black friends including black girlfriends and have lived in majority black neighborhoods (and not all poor, and not all in NYC).

Plus I'm such a leftist that I fully support Lieutenant Rapone's photo stunt with the Che tee shirt on graduation day (though I disagree totally with Che) for the poke in the eye it is to "the 'Murica types"....

Which is why it's soooooooo frustrating to see this ridiculous "Black Question" or "Black Problem" still bogged down in denial (Obama tried in his best Trayvon Martin speech about how the same thing could look so different to both races)....

Old 12-19-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
And I'm a homeless loser and I hate the bums who comprise 99% of the able-bodied single male homeless population

That is almost the definition of true racist evil.
Not my fault they happen to be black and hispanic. In fact, it's precisely your attitude that will ensure the homeless population remains majority black and hispanic...but carry on: I'm through trying to explain the facts of life to a bunch of "limousine liberals."

What do I know...I'm just someone who happened to have actually gone through what I'm talking about....

Old 12-19-2017, 12:56 PM

954 posts, read 939,552 times
Quote:
Dear Principle Lewis

You addressed my opinion on it being ok to ask if a neighborhood is safe with the following response in part:

Again it’s the best advice i can give, if you are worried about these things, New York is not the place for you.

My rebuttle:
I have worked and still live in this city for close to 40 years. I respect your opinion as you should mine.
It is all about sharing our experiences so we can learn and grow together.

New York is for everybody. Close minded , open minded , people with personal or public views etc.. etc....
Look at the makeup of the city. There are neighborhoods that are similar and diverse.
Economically,Socially,Culturally..Period These are the facts.
I respect what your saying and I see your point. It's the "jesus loves everyone" argument. How can jesus love murderers, etc? How can NY be accepting of everyone and at the same time not be accepting of people with close minded views.

It's an interesting way of thinking.

While New York is an all inclusive city for old, young, black white, close minded, open minded, whatever. That doesn't mean that YOUR personal experience here will be ideal. Everyone is more than welcome to move here, but if you don't want to see lot of different races of people and cultures you will be miserable (and will come to city data to complain). You might be better off being a in a place that fits what your looking for (all white, all black, whatever).

Once you move here you might have a change of heart about these things, but if someone ask me if NY is a place for someone who only wants to be around white people it would be insane to tell them yes.

Quote:
You want to try a social experiment:
Walk into a high end restaurant with $1000 dollars in your hands dressed as a homeless person or into a high crime ridden neighborhood in a 3 piece suit with the same $1000 dollars in your hands. Let me know the results..

Heck, I remember many a housing project that had the seniors purposefully separated to their own buildings from the rest of the project population out of fear and safety concerns for the eledrly. This could be my mother, father or grandparents.
I was all for it back then .Still am today.

So again I will now address your comments personally.

Dear Principle Lewis
It's ok to Keep asking if a neighborhood is safe. Doesn't make you a bad person. It's normal. You are normal.
and above all if you wish it to be it can be quite personal...
I don't really understand what your getting at here. I grow up in a rough area and regularly wore 3 piece suits (no lie). That is because "safety" is relative. what I'm saying that it would be impossible for you to tell me what neighborhoods I would feel "safe" in and vis versa. that's why is so laughable when someone ask a bunch of strangers whether they would feel safe or not. How are we supposed to know what your comfort level is? It may surprise you but there are plenty of people I grew up with that didn't feel "safe" in midtown Manhattan. they hated the crowds and constantly thought they would get robbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessLoser View Post
This is another thing I've noticed with ghetto people -- they take everything deeply personally. Maybe that's why they're so big on churches -- you know, if it rains, it's a sign from God...because these lowlifes are the center of the universe so anything that happens is personal, you see.

Yeah yeah I know slavery racism Jim Crowe plus economic injustice same as the world all over and the very natural human psychological reactions to it all...yes yes yes but in the moment, when your puffy jacket very lightly and quickly (and thus hardly) brushes against the oppressed minority's puffy jacket because that oppressed minority is walking slowly into you down the subway stairs and you're just trying to catch the train before he completely blocks your path ambling with his cane -- it's really annoying to be tripped and then lectured by these intellectual midgets about how it's proper to offer an excuse-me where they come from....
Dude, you don't get to talk down to other people when you live in a homeless shelter. Some humility would benefit you greatly in your situation.

Who the hell do you think you are?

Old 12-19-2017, 12:59 PM

954 posts, read 939,552 times
Quote:
Not my fault they happen to be black and hispanic. In fact, it's precisely your attitude that will ensure the homeless population remains majority black and hispanic...but carry on: I'm through trying to explain the facts of life to a bunch of "limousine liberals."

What do I know...I'm just someone who happened to have actually gone through what I'm talking about....

You really live up to your name.

Thankfully, you seem to be living proof that karma is real.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:05 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
And again the heckler, despite following me around constantly heckling, somehow has missed the fact that I have a job, which job involves me being online, and that I'm getting out of the shelters very, very soon with a full year's rent paid....

And you people are shocked at Trump. Even though the same morons who voted for Obama -- some even twice -- tally very highly among those who voted for Trump.

Trump is indeed very much your President even if you think you're somehow better than him.
I did not miss you having a job. You’re still on welfare and you still want welfare to pay a years rent for you. Reagan would call this mindset welfare king. Talk about entitled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City