Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM

18 posts, read 31,959 times

Advertisements

The same day I made the appointment for the date I am going to move in, they gave me another appointment to come in and sign the lease. I signed the lease at Via Verde office. I am surprised they didn't give you an appointment to sign the lease if they already gave you your move in date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM

140 posts, read 395,543 times
Thanks! My appt is tomorrow to sign my lease. I move on Friday. They only told me the time I should come in to sign the lease and the date. I figured it was the Via Verde office but with the way my luck has been lately, didn't want to take the chance..

Thanks again

Old 05-21-2012, 03:00 PM

Oh OK. I signed mine last week, they basically talk to you about the lease, rules & regulations, recycling. They also give you your paper which you need for when you move in and they tell you about the products to use to clean the cabinets & wood floor. The paper they gave for the products to buy to clean it is a little confusing but he said he will tell me more about it when I move in.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 PM

15 posts, read 21,622 times
That was the same thing I was trying to figure out. I sign my lease tomorrow, but forgot to ask where to go for that process. I thought at the office too. I wonder if they will let me move some small things in before the supposed move in date.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM

25 posts, read 43,336 times
So exciting!! I am thoroughly jealous of your new location, lcouncil! Hopefully we co-op'ers won't be too far behind you! I expect full updates from the renters after your move-ins!

Old 05-21-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missladyriverbx View Post
That was the same thing I was trying to figure out. I sign my lease tomorrow, but forgot to ask where to go for that process. I thought at the office too. I wonder if they will let me move some small things in before the supposed move in date.

They won't let you. They won't give you the key until your move in date. Plus they will give you a paper that shows your address, apt #, etc. You will have to bring that paper with your I.D. before you get the key and allow you to start to move in the same day as your move in date, that right there is weird that you have to bring that paper with your I.D. in order for them to give you your key and move in.

Last edited by Nicobx; 05-21-2012 at 05:18 PM..

Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 AM

140 posts, read 395,543 times
Just signed my lease! It was at The Upton, where the interviews took place.. I was surprised when I was told the rentals are not full because a couple of people said they were put on the waiting list..

Well, I was told if I want to move in more large furniture after the move in time, contact the project manager so he can set aside an hour or two for the elevators.. I made it clear that I will be having furniture delivered over the next few weeks because I HAVE NO FURNITURE!! lol

F.Y.I.- I believe they said pets are allowed now?? Did not ask any further because I don't nor will have a pet any time soon.. Two boys are enough..

Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the much needed information. Yes it at the interview place and of course there somethings that you want to run by me. I just can't wait until Friday to start moving. I just hope everyone is peaceful and care about where we live. This is going to be good people. Congrats everyone! Happy & safe move =)

Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM

Has anybody been able to set up con edison? I know there's a problem with the building being located in their system. Did somebody get around this issue? I just tried to set up the lights, but they said they don't have that building in the computer. I also called the property manager Max yet no one has answered the number given to me.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missladyriverbx View Post
Has anybody been able to set up con edison? I know there's a problem with the building being located in their system. Did somebody get around this issue? I just tried to set up the lights, but they said they don't have that building in the computer. I also called the property manager Max yet no one has answered the number given to me.
I have that problem as well. I called them about that on Friday and they told me they are working on it. I told them the same thing how Con Ed and Verizon Fios don't have that address 706 Brook Ave on file but they have 704 Brook Ave. So I thought it was a mix up with the building number. I'm hoping they fix it before I move in. I can't even change my mailing address to Via Verde because of this. Kind of gets frustrating they don't have answers for it yet and it's been almost a week since I called them about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery