Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 03:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,878 times

Advertisements

I submitted my application to one where I do not currently meet the income requirement.
However, I am expecting a raise, in a month or two, and I will meet the minimum income range requirement.

To clarify-- my application says that I do not meet the minimum income, but by the time
I get call in for an interview, I will meet the requirement.

Do you think I should not have applied? Will it automatically disqualify me?

Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 03:20 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,187,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahej View Post
I submitted my application to one where I do not currently meet the income requirement.
However, I am expecting a raise, in a month or two, and I will meet the minimum income range requirement.

To clarify-- my application says that I do not meet the minimum income, but by the time

Thank you
Look the general application you fill out are suppose to be to the best of your knowledgement. Theres no real way to know what you will be making when and if you are called. I've been called for apts 2-3 years after i submit.
I also freelance so I never know what my income will be, I take a guess based upon my history of what I make yearly. There is no way possible for me to actually know what I will make. What matters is when they do call you in for an interview that you are in the correct income range. Until that happens don't worry about it.

Old 01-07-2018, 03:25 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,835,109 times
You will only get disqualified if your income exceeds or is under at the time of your intake interview, and then 3 months later if apartments are not available. If you are in the running they will ask for updated income info and if you fall between the range you are still good, but if you are making too much money at the point, yeah you're out. That is fair.

Old 01-07-2018, 04:20 PM

6,037 posts, read 4,397,653 times
They can reject you if what you have on your online profile is out of date, so keep it maintained the second it changes in your favor. If they reject you and you can prove the correct income, then you have to appeal and go through the process to get them to look at your stuff.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
They can reject you if what you have on your online profile is out of date, so keep it maintained the second it changes in your favor. If they reject you and you can prove the correct income, then you have to appeal and go through the process to get them to look at your stuff.
You should keep you income up to date yes thats true. However once you submit the application it goes by what you submitted it as. The changes won't register so to be honest if your able to its best to put what you think your income will when the lottery is closed and calling people.
For example if you make 20k now but you know in a month you will get a 5k raise just submit the application as 25k cause the won't be calling you in the next month.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:03 PM

6,667 posts, read 5,941,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahej View Post

Thank you
You will neither be called nor interviewed. That happened to me with the 461 Dean Street lottery. I did not update my income to reflect a promotion I received, and submitted the application that way. When log numbers came out, I was only 9xx, and never received a call, meanwhile, others with log numbers much higher did.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:25 PM

4,739 posts, read 6,432,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
You will neither be called nor interviewed. That happened to me with the 461 Dean Street lottery. I did not update my income to reflect a promotion I received, and submitted the application that way. When log numbers came out, I was only 9xx, and never received a call, meanwhile, others with log numbers much higher did.
That's not always what happens. My friend submitted for a lottery, and the income she had on her application was about $3,000 less a year than what was called for.

She received a letter saying she didn't qualify, and if she wanted to appeal, she had a certain period of time to do that. She was making a little more money by that time, and had made it into the bracket, so she appealed and got the apartment. This also happened to a neighbor of mine.

I have a hunch that if you are in a preference group, and the marketing agency is having a hard time finding qualified people in that group, they may not be so quick to overlook you. Both my friend and my neighbor are in the community. Maybe they were given a "second chance"?

Stormgal, were you in the community for 461 Dean? How far away was the income you had put down?

It would be good to get an answer to this question, because it comes up fairly often.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
That's not always what happens. My friend submitted for a lottery, and the income she had on her application was about $3,000 less a year than what was called for.

She received a letter saying she didn't qualify, and if she wanted to appeal, she had a certain period of time to do that. She was making a little more money by that time, and had made it into the bracket, so she appealed and got the apartment. This also happened to a neighbor of mine.

I have a hunch that if you are in a preference group, and the marketing agency is having a hard time finding qualified people in that group, they may not be so quick to overlook you. Both my friend and my neighbor are in the community. Maybe they were given a "second chance"?

Stormgal, were you in the community for 461 Dean? How far away was the income you had put down?

It would be good to get an answer to this question, because it comes up fairly often.
+1 Yes storm girl I agree with Macnyc

I apply to just about every lottery since I never know my exact income. I have received numerous letters and emails from buildings saying when I submitted my application my income doesn't meet their requirements but if you think it does you may appeal. Once they give you a log in #, whether you meet what you submitted on the application or not that have to formally reach out to you. They vie to either deny you or request your information.

Regarding high log in #'s getting called and not you it may simply mean they were full of what you were applying for either your income group or apt size.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:02 PM

4,739 posts, read 6,432,738 times
Livingsinglenyc, if I were you, I would update my application before applying for any lottery. Make sure your income on the application is within one of the brackets for that particular building. It's not cheating, because you'll have to prove it later on if you're called. But why take the chance that they might overlook you?

Thanks for relaying your experiences. So, when you heard back with the offer to appeal, were you in the community or another preference group? Do you see any rhyme or reason? Did you occasionally NOT hear back, despite a low number?

Old 01-08-2018, 02:40 PM

6,667 posts, read 5,941,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post

I'm sorry, guys. I meant City Point Tower I. Back then, I qualified for a one bedroom. There was a huge income gap with that development. I believe it was only for 60% AMI and 130% AMI. When I hit the apply button, I was only at the 120% income range, even though I had already received a promotion. I had forgotten to update my main application so missed out on that development with the low log number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City