Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
You wouldn't be tormented if you caused the deaths of 12 people when you were a kid?
kid won't have a single memory of that night by the age of 5

either way most likely scenario is the mom ends up a homeless junkie and those kids grow up in a foster home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 02:44 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,073,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Can’t find it right now but her name was in The Post recently in a story about how she feels bad about what happened.They also identified and interviewed her father and say she is now living in Queens with her husband.

Will try to dg it up when I get to my computer. But her name is out there.
Rita Fugar. aka Rita Yeboah

I think there might be a 2009 picture of her in The NY Times taken when she was 16.
A Rita a Fugar, Bronx, then 16 , fell while skating on the ice . All recent reports say the mother is Either 24 or 25 now so probably the same person.

Last edited by bluedog2; 01-12-2018 at 03:00 PM..

Old 01-12-2018, 02:49 PM

31,907 posts, read 26,961,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
does anyone have a link to the "notice to sue" filing? I don't even know what the heck that is, it's not a complaint or summons, sounds like a PR news release without any substance.
By law anyone taking legal action against City of New York must file a notice of intent within a certain period before.

In theory federal and local governments have soverigen immunity against legal action. Thus they can only have legal action taken against them if they consent. To get that consent you file a notice of intent which will start the process.

https://ask.superlawyers.com/new-yor...c8d628d76.html

https://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...te-of-new-York

New York Consolidated Laws, General Municipal Law - GMU § 50-e | FindLaw

Old 01-12-2018, 02:52 PM

444 posts, read 387,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
That makes the kid's name public too. It's horrible what happened but that won't bring anyone back.
This kid is alive. This kid can change his name.
He has a chance at survival...

Those families will probably spend every day in pain. When something good happens they will want their loved ones PAIN...something bad...they will remember their loved ones aren't here to comfort them. PAIN.

It sounds horrible but that is the consequence of actions, having to live with them. Because he is young he may escape them.

But HER no, I don't want her to get that luxury. She shouldn't because she is the parent.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:05 PM

Will you people just stop about that kid?

As you all well know or should know laws protecting juveniles give extensive protections because they are deemed not mature enough to understand their actions. This applies to a five or 8 year old, so can hardly imagine anyone in their right mind is going after a toddler. Just stop, because it isn't going to happen.

Now the mother, that is another matter for the law does assume parents have a duty not only to protect their children but *some* responsibility for their actions.

Even if all one is hearing turns out to be true (mother was in shower, etc...) it still isn't going to raise bar that much to bring a criminal case. Yes, you can sue if you want, but the woman has nothing and unless she hits the number likely isn't going to have anything. So what would be the point of spending all that money in legal fees? You ain't getting eighty-eight cents out of that woman so there's an end to things.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:11 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
But HER no, I don't want her to get that luxury. She shouldn't because she is the parent.
This shouldn't be rocket science - the building address is cited in the news:

2363 Prospect Ave
Bronx, NY 10458

What was the woman's apartment number? seems like it would have to be "GR1" or GR2"

can't be that hard to track this person's name down

Last edited by BlakeJones; 01-12-2018 at 03:37 PM..

Old 01-12-2018, 03:22 PM

Quote:
does anyone have a link to the "notice to sue" filing? I don't even know what the heck that is, it's not a complaint or summons, sounds like a PR news release without any substance.

Here ya go: https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/victim...y-bronx-blaze/

Old 01-12-2018, 03:31 PM

444 posts, read 387,377 times
This story reminds of my current Management company and how they thought I was being a ***** when I complained that our door didn’t swing close.

I looked it up and by law because it was a rent stabilized building with renovated apartments after I forgot what Year each apartment was supposed to have a door that swung close. The hinge got damaged and ours didn’t work right.

We ended up leaving that building and where we are now the door works like it should.
Annoying hearing doors slam but just think if she had a door that swung close after her.

Old 01-12-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
This shouldn't be rocket science - the building address is cited in the news:

2363 Prospect Ave
Bronx, NY 10458

What was the woman's apartment number? seems like it would have to be "GR1" or GR2"

can't be that hard to track this person's name down
I already posted her name . Rita Fugar / Rita Yeboah.

She is now living with her husband and the 2 kids. She was not living with him at the time of the fire.

Last edited by bluedog2; 01-12-2018 at 04:03 PM..

Old 01-12-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
This kid is alive. This kid can change his name.
He has a chance at survival...

Those families will probably spend every day in pain. When something good happens they will want their loved ones PAIN...something bad...they will remember their loved ones aren't here to comfort them. PAIN.

It sounds horrible but that is the consequence of actions, having to live with them. Because he is young he may escape them.

The kid is ****ed . He is already exhibiting signs of pathological behaviour at 3 . He will be a monster by 7th or 8th grade unless there is somehow an intervention to change the course. That is highly unlikely.
I deal with 10 or 15 such kids every day. I see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City