Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 07:15 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,766,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc718 View Post
When he moves on to torturing and killing small animals then I will say he is sociopath in the making.

I played with fire. I burned my Barbie dolls feet on the light bulbs and turned out fine. Kids go through phases but this phase needs to be watched closely.
Yeah. My brother was like that. Had this strange fascination for not only fire but wanting to know how things work. Kept tinkering with things. You know, breaking things apart only to put them back together again. Running these strange experiments around the house. And starting fires. He set our couch on fire. (I have to give him credit that he at least had the presence of mind to know how to put it out himself so our house didn't burn down but that was the last straw for my parents).

Somehow they managed to channel him the right way. He got into Stuyvesant where chemistry class was where he went all out and was rewarded for his curiosity. He now is a physician, has a wife and two kids, & makes about 350-400K a year. I guess he turned out ok but my parents did have to step in because setting the living room couch on fire. No, no, no.

Last edited by Aeran; 01-16-2018 at 07:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2018, 12:51 PM

99 posts, read 144,009 times
The idiot mom LEFT the apt. DOOR OPEN !

I feel bad for those poor firefighters that RISKED their lives trying to save the innocent people.
Also my Uncle got hit (in a car) by a firetruck crossing an intersection in Brooklyn (no sirens) and has yet to see a DIME. This happened 4 years ago and does'nt seem to be making any progress either. Due to that injury he has'nt worked since.

The property manager is gonna have to EAT THIS because those code violations are on record and he made little to no effort in trying to bring them to code. I would LOVE to be the lawyer of these victims families case. SOMEBODY (maybe even FDNY for not doing the "winterization of hydrants") is gonna have to pay for this.

R.I.P to the victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City