U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:50 AM

676 posts, read 300,823 times

Advertisements

Their waiting list is open so I was just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 08:09 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,858,444 times
The grounds are well kept. Apts are spacious. The entire development got renovated not too long ago. SAS will be built on 106 with SBS already on site

Old 01-18-2018, 11:15 PM

1,007 posts, read 662,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
The grounds are well kept. Apts are spacious. The entire development got renovated not too long ago. SAS will be built on 106 with SBS already on site
I mean it’s exactly the same as the projects apartment size-wise just more working families in there and less very low-income people. It’s not like 1199 Plaza across the street that has actually state of the art nice apartments. Franklin Plaza was literally designated to be public housing and last minute was switched to Mitchell lama. I’ve seen apartments in there and they are like in any regular project. The grounds are not bad for a Harlem project though. Also weirdly there’s a big Asian enclave in there for some reason

Old 01-19-2018, 10:14 AM

377 posts, read 356,314 times
It is a very nice community...residents have a strong sense of pride and community. It is safe, decent and clean.

Old 01-19-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogeyDownDweller View Post
I mean itís exactly the same as the projects apartment size-wise just more working families in there and less very low-income people. Itís not like 1199 Plaza across the street that has actually state of the art nice apartments. Franklin Plaza was literally designated to be public housing and last minute was switched to Mitchell lama. Iíve seen apartments in there and they are like in any regular project. The grounds are not bad for a Harlem project though. Also weirdly thereís a big Asian enclave in there for some reason
1199 is rundown. Their grounds need to be upgraded. Stat. Theyíre projects with terraces too, letís not get it twisted. The Asians are concentrated to what they call the ďfirst sideĒ (because it was constructed first) between 2nd & 3rd

Old 01-19-2018, 06:03 PM

19,041 posts, read 34,047,614 times
Quote:
1199 is rundown. Their grounds need to be upgraded. Stat. They’re projects with terraces too, let’s not get it twisted. The Asians are concentrated to what they call the “first side” (because it was constructed first) between 2nd & 3rd
I've been in 1199 once, I don't know if it was just a bad day or not, but the common areas were much dirtier than they should be, floors look like they weren't mopped, wrappers in the hallway, tissues on the floor

I've never been actually inside an apartment in Franklin Plaza, but I've been to a few parties in one of the community rooms there, and I walked through the complex plenty of times, it seems cool

Do a search for Franklin Plaza on this board and you'll find more information.

Originally they were supposed to be a part of NYCHA as the Benjamin Franklin Houses. The lobbies of the buildings look just like how the lobbies in the projects look.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-27-2018, 03:44 PM

154 posts, read 143,073 times
Default Franklin plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by incaita View Post
It is a very nice community...residents have a strong sense of pride and community. It is safe, decent and clean.

Anyone know the length of time for one and two bedrooms?
Or how much?

Old 04-27-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc246 View Post
Anyone know the length of time for one and two bedrooms?
the waiting list for franklin plaza is very long. YEARS. the rents are low with utilities included. people move in, stay there and don’t move out, until someone dies

Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 PM

154 posts, read 143,073 times
Quote:
the waiting list for franklin plaza is very long. YEARS. the rents are low with utilities included. people move in, stay there and donít move out, until someone dies
Can it be 5 to 10 years?

Old 04-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc246 View Post
Can it be 5 to 10 years?
Yep about that. I would make other plans to live elsewhere whilst waiting for Franklin Plaza. Donít hold your breath. Straight up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or