Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 09:59 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Caught the "Q" this evening to get home to UES, and every other GD car had some nasty/foul homeless person stinking up the place. People were literally crowded into the cars not stunk up, which were few and far between. My luck happened not to notice some vomit, urine, stool caked hot mess sleeping at end of car that got on. As train moved out of station the wafting nauseating smell hit me like a ton of bricks.

Indeed have noticed over past several months the Q train has become just like the 8th Avenue/IND trains in that there are always homeless camped out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 10:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Caught the "Q" this evening to get home to UES, and every other GD car had some nasty/foul homeless person stinking up the place. People were literally crowded into the cars not stunk up, which were few and far between. My luck happened not to notice some vomit, urine, stool caked hot mess sleeping at end of car that got on. As train moved out of station the wafting nauseating smell hit me like a ton of bricks.

Indeed have noticed over past several months the Q train has become just like the 8th Avenue/IND trains in that there are always homeless camped out.
I never took the SAS line yet. No need for it.

Old 02-01-2018, 10:33 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times
Well, it should spread out.

The other day I was waiting for an N train and more than five bums had an entire car to themselves. So many of them that they need to spread out to all of the lines!

Old 02-01-2018, 11:49 PM

8,936 posts, read 4,768,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Well, it should spread out.

The other day I was waiting for an N train and more than five bums had an entire car to themselves. So many of them that they need to spread out to all of the lines!
Oh, wow. I started to see more of them on the 7 train as well back in Dec early Jan but I thought it was more to do with the long stretch of brutally cold weather than anything else. It's not all that cold now to be seeing so many bums on the subway. I guess the broken windows policy is out.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:49 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
No real reason at this point for the SAS subway line & stations to be any different from the rest of the system!

Old 02-02-2018, 05:00 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
No wonder the subways are such a bargain.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:04 AM

5,825 posts, read 2,945,690 times
I was fortunate to see some tourists, an older couple rush into the morning E train at penn. They were so excited to run towards the last two seats of the train only to discover dried feces all over the seat.
The disgust and shock on their face was priceless. I smiled for some time, soaking in the rotten smell on that train car.

Homeless people are not to blame here. Its the society, the politicians, the system. Most of the homeless are just not mentally there.

Old 02-02-2018, 05:31 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Haha, you bleeding heart liberals wanted this. You voted for this (deBlasio and his laissez faire on bad behavior, welcoming homeless, etc.) and now you guys get the declining quality of life you so deserve.

Old 02-02-2018, 06:03 AM

5,825 posts, read 2,945,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Haha, you bleeding heart liberals wanted this. You voted for this (deBlasio and his laissez faire on bad behavior, welcoming homeless, etc.) and now you guys get the declining quality of life you so deserve.
I did not vote for him.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:31 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Thats why they built the SAS mezzanines so big, so that the homeless could have some place to sleep.

You didn't know?

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City