U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 10:54 AM

8 posts, read 4,365 times

Advertisements

Called up HR today and basically got a misleading message saying they're up to 4530 with orientation numbers. There will be nothing further than that at the moment after April. Also said list will expire next March and there's another test in the works. I do not know who to believe as she also said there can also be last second changes and a hiring freeze would be more for non uniform workers. Someone fill me and everyone else in who has been at these orientations and what the deal is. List number 56xx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 11:26 AM

7 posts, read 3,707 times
I was at todays orientation at most 5 people had there CDLs, 10 or so people didnít have permits. HR supervisor did say they were done as of now for orientation letters and weíd be looking at July and August. She also mentioned 115 for April and I think 200 or 250 for July and August... they havenít gotten an ok for classes after that.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:34 AM

8 posts, read 4,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubastev3 View Post
I was at todays orientation at most 5 people had there CDLs, 10 or so people didnít have permits. HR supervisor did say they were done as of now for orientation letters and weíd be looking at July and August. She also mentioned 115 for April and I think 200 or 250 for July and August... they havenít gotten an ok for classes after that.
That's 200 0r 250 for "each" July and August class? Or total?

Old 03-21-2019, 11:50 AM

Total...if it makes anyone feel better including myself she gave the whole new commissioners talk about how the process is changing because of them. They never have an April class, they want to extend the list and just to be prepared because the may even call earlier than July. One more thing she stated they already have 236 CDL holders from the past orientations if that matters..

Old 03-21-2019, 12:15 PM

48 posts, read 47,660 times
No one has any confirmation past April. There is absolutely no plan for summer classes. That is an entirely different fiscal year. If any one told anyone there were classes. They were either misinformed lying or both.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:35 PM

6 posts, read 3,321 times
The fiscal year ends in June. The new one starts in July 2019

Old 03-21-2019, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the information gentlemen. Moral of the story, everything is word by mouth. You donít get a contract saying anything about classes. Your processed donít get excited till you clock in the first day and by law they have to pay you lol

Old 03-21-2019, 05:03 PM

6 posts, read 3,321 times
Gentle woman lol. I work for sanitation enforcement that's how I know

Old 03-21-2019, 07:45 PM

Cool, I’m curious, would you possibly know if Sani Police has a 60 credit requirement? And I’m assuming 2 years as a SW? I know its different from enforcement as well lol

Old 03-21-2019, 07:54 PM

1,166 posts, read 862,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubastev3 View Post
Cool, Iím curious, would you possibly know if Sani Police has a 60 credit requirement? And Iím assuming 2 years as a SW? I know its different from enforcement as well lol
No college for anything in Sanitation required. Not even police.

If you wanna really go San Police there are lots of pro's and also con's. If you get on the job start asking questions about it and speak to actual san cops. If you stay green you will have more opportunity to make $$$. If that's not important to you, that's fine.

Just remember you are still a San Worker in a police uniform with same pay scale with Peace Officer training and responsibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City