Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:31 PM

1,952 posts, read 1,299,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
I don’t feel the city should pay for diapers. Instead the city should strike a deal with certain retailers to have diapers discounted like half rate for like bulk Kirkland diapers and like 40%, 30% off Pampers or Luvs for low income families. The Councilman is saying well oh families shouldn’t have to choose between feeding their children or diapers, but low income families have food stamps. Now WIC on the other hand, should be completely eliminated
Which retailer is willing to cut their profit to provide diapers at half price? It would be more cost effective to go directly to the wholesaler/manufacturer and agree to buy in bulk.

I love America! The poor in NYC have absolutely no idea how good they have it. Free food, diaper, housing, school, healthcare. All you have to do is keep your home clean and not be a drug addict and u would have an amazing life.

Everyone I know of my generation was raised using cloth diapers. Now the yuppies/tree huggers of child bearing age in my acquaintance circle are planting gardens for fresh fruits n vegetables n using cloth diapers.

Cloth diapers r less expensive and environmentally friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 PM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Nothing to jump out the window over. They'll prolly be giving out Fitties. Wrapping the baby in paper towel would probably be the better alternative anyway.

Call me when they start giving out the good stuff like Huggies and Pampers.

Whatever they end up giving out you can be sure city and other involved workers will get their taste. Just as with those free feminine hygiene give always, stuff makes their way into purses, pockets, car trunks, backseats.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:38 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
Which retailer is willing to cut their profit to provide diapers at half price? It would be more cost effective to go directly to the wholesaler/manufacturer and agree to buy in bulk.

I love America! The poor in NYC have absolutely no idea how good they have it. Free food, diaper, housing, school, healthcare. All you have to do is keep your home clean and not be a drug addict and u would have an amazing life.

Everyone I know of my generation was raised using cloth diapers. Now the yuppies/tree huggers of child bearing age in my acquaintance circle are planting gardens for fresh fruits n vegetables n using cloth diapers.

Cloth diapers r less expensive and environmentally friendly.
The same retailer who cut their price to provide Prime memberships for the poor at a discounted rate. Amazon could do it. Let’s not sit here and act like it can’t be done.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:39 PM

34,008 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Whatever they end up giving out you can be sure city and other involved workers will get their taste. Just as with those free feminine hygiene give always, stuff makes their way into purses, pockets, car trunks, backseats.
Good. They wouldnt be human if they wasnt.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-22-2018, 08:04 PM

593 posts, read 470,165 times
Makes total sense to provide free diapers. No downside to spending more taxpayer money and can increase future voters for the Party.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:05 PM

56 posts, read 61,625 times
I mean, if cavemen did it..........

Old 02-22-2018, 10:06 PM

How about dog owners who potty train a dog without diapers.
I think, for someone who has a baby, and cannot afford diapers. There should be a school or class that teaches you survival skills. I mean, it is doable. Right?

Old 02-22-2018, 10:09 PM

3,066 posts, read 1,679,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
How about provide cloth diapers that they can wash and reuse, serves the same purpose...
I was just going to suggest that! If the recipient doesn't like that idea then too bad.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:10 PM

By any means I have nothing against footing the bill for diapers for the needy. I am just saying that it is doable (to be without diapers.) if our ancestor did it for centuries, I am sure we could bring some tactics to help those with options and substitutions like a Do It Yourself Class. (DIY)

Old 02-22-2018, 10:16 PM

Honestly Seventh, the government should give out diapers like fitties; The babies don't give a hoot to what they wear; As long as the mother or father makes sure they are not wet and soiled...And, the mother or father, would be EXHAUSTED from continuous changing of these cheap "fitties." That they VOW to never make another child again. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: