U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:16 PM

25 posts, read 42,133 times

Advertisements

I applied for nycha while being in a Dv shelter. My case manager did the app for me and I was given N4 priority. She said to become N1 I had to provide the necessary docs. My priority was successfully changed. I did the interview on 2/27 and saw on 2/28 my status change to eligible to hold with a sub status of review for
Certification. I am certified for a 3 room. Before I chose BROOKLYN I was watching the application trends on the waiting list for my priority/room # and noticed they were close to Staten Island. Is it easier and quicker to get into Brooklyn? I noticed that the oldest certs didnít really match up over the quarters. Some years had younger certathan following years. Itís all quite confusing as tow they really tabulate everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2018, 04:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,178 times
I been certified for a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn n1 priority since 6/26/17 and I’m still waiting for an apartment

Old 03-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemonroe View Post
I been certified for a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn n1 priority since 6/26/17 and Iím still waiting for an apartment
Are you still in the shelter system

Old 03-16-2018, 12:19 PM

I just wanted to add that I was certified on the 5 th and that I have been selected today. I will continue to update on my nycha progress

Old 03-17-2018, 07:46 AM

So I see the housing development that chose me now. I will give them a call next week and let you all know how it goes.

Old 03-17-2018, 05:06 PM

43 posts, read 21,955 times
great to see someone explain how the eligibility is working.
i'm still preliminary and applied for a single 1 room apartment or studio in QUEENS or MANHATTAN

best wishes on your choices, i think its brave to live in staten island or brooklyn, those places are tough to get around!

please update i want to know about the new apartments as well
and may I ask you..
What was the interview like? How long have you been on the wait list before eligible? Are the apartments new and renovated?

Old 03-17-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM8AVeda View Post
great to see someone explain how the eligibility is working.
i'm still preliminary and applied for a single 1 room apartment or studio in QUEENS or MANHATTAN

best wishes on your choices, i think its brave to live in staten island or brooklyn, those places are tough to get around!

please update i want to know about the new apartments as well
and may I ask you..
What was the interview like? How long have you been on the wait list before eligible? Are the apartments new and renovated?
I have not been to the apartment yet. Going next week. I have N1 priority (DV). It was fairly quick. My case manager at the shelter applied for me on 1/7 as N4 but once I brought my documents towards the end of January I as upgraded to N1. 2/27 is when I had my interview.

The interview was long. You have to answer a lot of questions about your background such as criminal,housing,citizenship,etc. itís nothing to be nervous about as long as you are truthful.

3/5 I was certified and 3/16 I was selected. They had a notice for me at 12 am the following day as to which housing I would be going to. Now I have to respond within 7 days of receiving the notice and if that isnít done my case becomes in active and the apartment is given to someone else. After 45 days if there is no response, the case is then closed. The housing I got accepted to is close to transport so itís good for me.

I will let you all know how the apartment looks and anything else with the process. Good luck everyone

Old 03-19-2018, 10:35 AM

So I see the apartment tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes

Old 03-20-2018, 12:30 PM

I saw the apartment today. It is still so much work that needs to be done. They will contact me when it is finished. I accepted it and signed the lease. Now I have to get the housing voucher so they can send them the money and I move in once everything is completed. It wasnít that long of a wait. Almost 3 months.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:59 AM

Paperwork*not a lease yet. Won’t get that until the money is paid and keys are handed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or