Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 07:42 PM

33,999 posts, read 47,230,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
That's a state issue
You're a state issue

SMH

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2018, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
There's way more to the city's nightlife than those bottle service clubs.
Yeah there's hookah clubs on Steinway

Bachata in the BX

Pump ya fist on Staten

Whats ur point

Old 03-07-2018, 07:55 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,327,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Yeah there's hookah clubs on Steinway

Bachata in the BX

Pump ya fist on Staten

Whats ur point
In my view, the point is that the backlash isn’t necessarily warranted. If all she does is hang out in places and ger sloppy, then this is ridiculous. However, there’s little indication that’s the case. Why should bachata places run unregulated and constantly in worry of being fined? The Cabaret Law is ridiculous as it stands, though it makes sense to negotiate things so it’s not a free for all. If the one person on top of this has a minor six figure salary, but actually does the work for something that makes sense for an industry that’s tens if not hundreds of millions of revenue and a substantial contributor to the economy, then it makes sense to pay for someone to work on that industry.

Old 03-07-2018, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
In my view, the point is that the backlash isn’t necessarily warranted. If all she does is hang out in places and ger sloppy, then this is ridiculous. However, there’s little indication that’s the case. Why should bachata places run unregulated and constantly in worry of being fined? The Cabaret Law is ridiculous as it stands, though it makes sense to negotiate things so it’s not a free for all. If the one person on top of this has a minor six figure salary, but actually does the work for something that makes sense for an industry that’s tens if not hundreds of millions of revenue and a substantial contributor to the economy, then it makes sense to pay for someone to work on that industry.
Huh?

Puff would have fixed whatever needed fixing

And he dont even need NYC money

sorry I'm advocating Puff so hard but some s--t just makes sense to do...

Old 03-07-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Huh?

Puff would have fixed whatever needed fixing

And he dont even need NYC money

sorry I'm advocating Puff so hard but some s--t just makes sense to do...
Depends on the work involved. Is Puff going to traverse the city and go to an endless number of meetings and write up or commission studies on this? Is he going to wade through legal and zoning issues? Is he going to do all this for a 130K salary for working full time?

The question is still how much work does this job involve and how do we measure its success. If Puff is that important, then part of it is bringing in people who promote NYC nightlife. Now is Puff supposed to set that up? Is he supposed to work out how effective he is? All that for a salary of 130k which is, what, more money than he’s ever seen? I’m going to take a wild guess that 130k a year means little to him and doesn’t incentivize the ground work he’d need to do.
I
Again, it’s one thing if this job meant screwing around in fancy clubs, it’s another if it’s actually working on policy.

It’s like saying someone whose the head of the department of agriculture that all he does is farm all day. “The hell we paying you six figures to farm all day?!” or someone heading the department of transportation that all they do is drive a bus or uber all day. Is that what the actual job entails? I might be wrong, but I got a strong hunch that none of that is true.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 03-07-2018 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-07-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Depends on the work involved. Is Puff going to traverse the city and go to an endless number of meetings and write up or commission studies on this? Is he going to wade through legal and zoning issues? Is he going to do all this for a 130K salary for working full time?

The question is still how much work does this job involve and how do we measure its success. If Puff is that important, then part of it is bringing in people who promote NYC nightlife. Now is Puff supposed to set that up? Is he supposed to work out how effective he is? All that for a salary of 130k which is, what, more money than he’s ever seen? I’m going to take a wild guess that 130k a year means little to him and doesn’t incentivize the ground work he’d need to do.

Again, it’s one thing if this job meant screwing around in fancy clubs, it’s another if it’s actually working on policy.
No, Puff would have got people who knew how to do all that stuff, and paid them, cause he gonna get that money back anyway through Ciroc and promotion.....business 101! The city would have ate off of Puff, it would have been a win-win. Ahh, he prolly aint wanna do it anyway LoL

Old 03-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
No, Puff would have got people who knew how to do all that stuff, and paid them, cause he gonna get that money back anyway through Ciroc and promotion.....business 101! The city would have ate off of Puff, it would have been a win-win. Ahh, he prolly aint wanna do it anyway LoL
He prolly ain’t want to do it for 130k a year. I’m pretty sure that’s chump change for him. He probably wouldn’t have wanted to go all the meetings or making reports, then again, maybe he’s wanted to work in public policy and bureaucracy all his life and he’d give up everything else for just a shot at public service. I’m pretty sure that’s the hip-hop dream.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
He prolly ain’t want to do it for 130k a year. I’m pretty sure that’s chump change for him. He probably wouldn’t have wanted to go all the meetings or making reports, then again, maybe he’s wanted to work in public policy and bureaucracy all his life and he’d give up everything else for just a shot at public service. I’m pretty sure that’s the hip-hop dream.
This is whacked

Old 03-07-2018, 08:38 PM

I’m 100% confident that Mos Def’s dream has always been to work policy for emplyment opportunities of the hearing impaired in the department of labor. It’s well known that’s been his life’s calling. His career trajectory just temporarily waylaid him in regards to music and movies, but he’a just working his way up.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
I’m 100% confident that Mos Def’s dream has always been to work policy for emplyment opportunities of the hearing impaired in the department of labor. It’s well known that’s been his life’s calling. His career trajectory just temporarily waylaid him in regards to music and movies, but he’a just working his way up.
Meh

Thank goodness its only a monitor and a keyboard we're all using. This couldve been Live

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City