Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 03:15 PM

27 posts, read 45,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachyviv View Post
For those who got selected, does your log number appear on the connect website. Hoping there is a letter in the mail for me too!
I have applied to a few ML listings and they have disappeared off the webpage when the lottery closed. I have never seen a log# for ML on their housing connect page, unlike the rental housing connect page which has all my applications going back about two years. Is it just me? Weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019, 03:22 PM

19 posts, read 24,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxGold View Post
I have applied to a few ML listings and they have disappeared off the webpage when the lottery closed. I have never seen a log# for ML on their housing connect page, unlike the rental housing connect page which has all my applications going back about two years. Is it just me? Weird.
That's because you were not one of the 250 selected for the co-op. Only those who were selected will have the ML listing still on the webpage. If you get selected, your log # + application will be mailed to you and it won't appear on the website until after the application deadline.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:22 PM

1,339 posts, read 1,683,641 times
You just said two contradictory things.

"Only those who were selected will have the ML listing still on the webpage."

And then in the next sentence:

"If you get selected, your log # + application will be mailed to you and it won't appear on the website until after the application deadline."

By the way, the number not appearing if you're not selected is not necessarily true. I got selected for Pratt Towers and everything is still gone despite having gotten a letter in the mail and a log number.

Old 02-20-2019, 05:30 PM

27 posts, read 45,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadypinesma View Post
You just said two contradictory things.

"Only those who were selected will have the ML listing still on the webpage."

And then in the next sentence:

"If you get selected, your log # + application will be mailed to you and it won't appear on the website until after the application deadline."

By the way, the number not appearing if you're not selected is not necessarily true. I got selected for Pratt Towers and everything is still gone despite having gotten a letter in the mail and a log number.
I applied to Pratt Towers and it disappeared for me too! Glad to know that even though it was taken down, they still considered people who applied though the site! I was beginning to think the ML Housing connect site didn't work.

Old 02-20-2019, 07:04 PM

Best of luck! I hope I get in at EMP. I don't have kids now, nor want kids, but the way the three bedroom lotteries go (with how slow they are) I might have 2 by the time I get hypothetically called. lol

Old 03-06-2019, 06:53 PM

23 posts, read 40,566 times
Default How do you know that they have only 1 unit available!? I got # one digit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxie88 View Post
Hi any other updates regarding this development?
Just got a letter asking me to send in $200 for 3 bedroom.
Log number in 150’s
Seems they only have 1 unit available and picked 250 applicants.
Anyone else apply or have heard anything back ??
Also my number is not appear in Mitchell-Lama web site

Old 03-07-2019, 10:13 AM

34 posts, read 65,974 times
@cherrywheel
I called the management office back in February and she said she has 2 units, but only 1 ready to go now.
Not sure if that has changed.
She also said It may be about a 2 year wait list to get to my number 1XX.
Also the purchase price for the unit is around 100K.. not sure if that already includes any surcharges etc

Old 03-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherryweel View Post
Also my number is not appear in Mitchell-Lama web site
Aren't you the one who wants to put your parents on your tax returns even though they don't live with you just to scam the system and get the three bedroom you are NOT ENTITLED TO? Shame on you. From reading your posts it appears you came to the U.S. five years ago yet you already know how to game the system. If you don't qualify by the time they call you you shouldn't be scamming.

Disgusting.

Last edited by shadypinesma; 03-07-2019 at 11:53 AM..

Old 03-07-2019, 07:31 PM

34 posts, read 65,974 times
@shadypinesma
Do you know if they will assign people on the waiting list an updated number if people
don’t turn in their application and application fee?

For example my log is 1XX
Let’s say 50 people don’t turn in their application and fee.
Will EMP then mail letters with new numbers... meaning my new wait number is bumped up
minus the 50 people that didn’t apply��������

Old 03-07-2019, 08:33 PM

23 posts, read 40,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxie88 View Post
@cherrywheel
I called the management office back in February and she said she has 2 units, but only 1 ready to go now.
Not sure if that has changed.
She also said It may be about a 2 year wait list to get to my number 1XX.
Also the purchase price for the unit is around 100K.. not sure if that already includes any surcharges etc
I called them too, they have only and will go first to internal list(probably people that live in and applied for upgrade).
That’s strange that she told you 2 years to 1##, if they have only 1 how it’s possible!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery