Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 05:14 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,306,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
So yeah.. if you get to change the definition of conservative to fit whatever narrative you want at any given time.. sure.. go conservatives!

In the real world the Republican Party of Abe Lincoln would be embarrassed that today's GOP still gets to use the name. In the real world, gay rights have been championed by modern liberals, and fought against by conservatives.

What's even the point of writing that post you just wrote? You fully understand how disingenuous it is.

Also, just a side note.. like basically everything else, the Republican Party only believes in civil liberties when it aligns with their agenda. When NFL players take a knee, all of a sudden there need to be new rules in place...
Every conservative nor every progressive is expected to be so one dimensional. Of course progressives want to label us all with such simplicity because it helps their power grabbing ambition for a single party system. There are some Republicans that Lincoln would be proud of, and others that he wouldn't be. It is supposed to be about inalienable rights. We'll figure out the whole gay thing, but science remains a challenge. I look at it as population control.

I don't follow what the NFL has to do with anything. It is a barbaric medieval times sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 05:38 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,628,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
What confuses me is how liberals have so much trust in the Federal government. I would favor local over state, and state over federal. A liberal used to want to challenge federal government, now they bow down to federal government.
Republicans are looking pretty hypocritical right now regarding "states rights".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...?noredirect=on

Old 04-11-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
Republicans are looking pretty hypocritical right now regarding "states rights".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...?noredirect=on
Sounds like national security.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:57 PM

19,024 posts, read 13,932,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
This is so true about the ghetto folks. There is a huge country out there with various opportunities. No one is going to lay a golden spoon in your lap.

There was this one ghetto idiot who moved onto our block for a while as a renter. He got a ticket one day and flipped out on our white neighbor accusing him of calling the cops on him. I guess the perception of white people always calling the cops, but not his dumbass being responsible for parking on the street with expired inspection tags. This idiot was telling our neighbor he needs to leave the neighborhood.
Mind you, our neighbor grew up on this very block and had been living here for over 30 years. He also owned his house. We all thought the renter was such a nuisance. We were happy when he was given notice to leave.
I’ve told stories of the ghetto trash that used to live behind me. I did finally get them booted after numerous complaints to the landlord through our association. No way we were going to let some white trash from Alabama/Broooklyn ruin our peaceful neighborhood.

I had cops come write their trash cars numerous times. Also towed them from our private parking area. Fined them for dumping trash too. One time the guy told me he was going to beat my “butt” because I put his garbage that he tossed in the street right on top of his car. I offered him two free swings but he recognized what would happen after and backed down.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:08 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,628,912 times
Quote:
Sounds like national security.
"It’s not just immigration issues that have spurred Sessions to criticize local policies that he believes violate federal law. Earlier this year, Sessions took on states across the country that have paved the way for the burgeoning marijuana industry, undoing Obama-era Justice Department guidance and making it easier for U.S. prosecutors to enforce federal marijuana laws. Eight states and the District of Columbia have laws allowing for recreational marijuana consumption..."

It's a support of states' rights as long as the states conform to their ideology.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
"It’s not just immigration issues that have spurred Sessions to criticize local policies that he believes violate federal law. Earlier this year, Sessions took on states across the country that have paved the way for the burgeoning marijuana industry, undoing Obama-era Justice Department guidance and making it easier for U.S. prosecutors to enforce federal marijuana laws. Eight states and the District of Columbia have laws allowing for recreational marijuana consumption..."

It's a support of states' rights as long as the states conform to their ideology.
Remember Obama's war on pot. Eventually they realize it is not worth the allocation of resources.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:13 PM

174 posts, read 187,708 times
Quote:
Every conservative nor every progressive is expected to be so one dimensional. Of course progressives want to label us all with such simplicity because it helps their power grabbing ambition for a single party system. There are some Republicans that Lincoln would be proud of, and others that he wouldn't be. It is supposed to be about inalienable rights. We'll figure out the whole gay thing, but science remains a challenge. I look at it as population control.
I think even the most fervent progressive still absolutely wants the Republican party to return to being a real grown-up institution, instead of what it's become.

Quote:
I don't follow what the NFL has to do with anything. [b]It is a barbaric medieval times sport.
Well, we can agree on that. It's ridiculous that football is still a thing...

But regardless of whether or not you follow the sport, my point remains. Conservatives have been up in arms for two years over peaceful, silent protest, and are looking to take away the players' right to have that. That's a thing. It's real.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:28 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,470,177 times
all the protesting in the world won't matter if don't vote and don't have money to pay the lawyer

Old 04-11-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizOnly1 View Post
I think even the most fervent progressive still absolutely wants the Republican party to return to being a real grown-up institution, instead of what it's become.

Well, we can agree on that. It's ridiculous that football is still a thing...

But regardless of whether or not you follow the sport, my point remains. Conservatives have been up in arms for two years over peaceful, silent protest, and are looking to take away the players' right to have that. That's a thing. It's real.
The Democrats give no reason for the Republicans to be "grown-ups," and frankly it doesn't matter. There is no reason for a conservative to be partisan. A Republican, maybe, but not a true conservative.

And some (not necessarily conservatives because I feel they aren't necessarily conservative) have every right to be up in arms over a bunch of braindead jocks for the same reason I feel the nothing-better-to-do SJWs have a right to get arrested during protest over something they are not educated enough to make a difference on anyway.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I honestly think SJW are garbage and FOS. Yes, there are problems in the society that need to be addressed and there is injustice.

But social justice warriors are not about positive change. They are about peddling victimhood and getting more "persecuted" people on their side to push whatever nonsensical, anti capitalist BS.

Could NYC have better racial relations? Yes. However, being a "minority" does not give one special privileges. Like anyone else people of color have to pay bills, buy food, etc. and there's no way if you can't pay.

It's up to the individual to take care of himself/herself and find ways to provide for his/her family.

Not denying discrimination can't happen, but if you seriously apply yourself you will find ways to move ahead in NYC. Screw the social justice warriors, and on this matter I will make some concessions to forum conservatives like G-Dale and Airborneguy.

Don't worry guys, I'm not changing my ideology and I still disagree with you a lot. However, since I value honesty about all others, yes, the social justice warriors and the poverty pimps and welfare programs have had a massively detrimental affect on NYC in terms of race relations and crime. I do think NYC was better off by having Giuliani and Bloomberg as mayors, for the PR work they did after various cleanups and attracting tourism and investment to NYC. Giuliani's clean up of Time Square got Disney to invest in Broadway, and that increased tourism to NYC and made more people want to live here. Bloomberg rezoned underutilized industrial areas for development.
SJWs are a grave threat to society and even a bigger threat to American exceptionalism. I don't hate people, hate is very wrong in my book. One of the groups that I dislike in this country are SJWs, and the Alt-Right. Both groups pander to victimhood, always blaming some race issue, both groups like to dox folks and get them fired from their jobs because of commentary, both groups are also racist as well. Both groups are also easily triggered. Say something antigovernment, political or fringe racist and the alt-right will get upset. Say something bigoted, racist, xenophobic, transphobic, homophobic and even classist, and an SJW will hunt you down with the masses. Like the Alt-Right, SJWs are also collective group or groups. SJWs' are the ones who ruined the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

I understand white supremacy is an issue, I also understand that male patriarchy, white supremacy, as being a man of color, and being a descendent of a white man, that is also a problem for SJW America. But we can not keep on playing the victim, and we as a society will have to work together as a people. Not for nothing, Communist, Nazis, alt-right, kkk, mgtow, sexist, mra, fascist, are all bad people, and bad-actors. Again I agree with this on behalf of the SJW's on this. However it makes no sense and right to have these peoples platform silence. Fringe groups have a right to say and to speak, and yes their are consequences, however it is un-American to upend peoples lives for what they say off of work, and SJW are major online vigilantes, or to even attending rallies.

Sjws have it good, sjws have it real good now. SJWs control the media now and academia. They control movies, social media, comics, book publishing, and they control education. Look at the mess YouTube and Facebook got into the past few days. Facebook does not allow any politics left of far left which is communist, and does not allow anything right of center left on their platform. Look at the YouTube shooting that took place, it was an left SJW vegan who shot up YouTube, the very people that YouTube and google supposed to protect from harmful bad-actors of the right and at times the very far left!

What ruined the millennial generation is this damn political correctness crap and this identity politics. Again I don't hate SJW's, but I dislike them and willing to debate one in real life. I had to remove a 2k comment on YouTube in which I explained why SJWs are bad. SJW's threatened my livelihood. I did a similar video about the Alt-right and they also wanted to do similar to what the SJW's do. Not for nothing, SJW's, these race hustlers, the woke blacks, the feminist. These folks should work with the Alt-right because they believe in a similar vision and use the same tactics.

What is worse is the SJW people who they date or are in relationships with, same for the Alt-Right.

You have these feminist who are married or in relationships with patriarcists, you have these pro black, and woke black women who despise and hate white supremacy, but are in relationships or are married to white men. Even the Alt-Right for example dislikes immigrants and want immigrants to go back but are married to an immigrant white or Latina or Asian person. SJW and Alt-Right are major hypocrites.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 04-11-2018 at 10:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City