Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2019, 06:36 PM

9 posts, read 10,059 times

Advertisements

I’m a CB.
I’m not sure if they started the General already..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 08:49 PM

77 posts, read 85,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumpling218 View Post
I have an interview set for March 1st. I have CB preference. Can anyone give me insight into the interview process. Thank you.
How was your interview?

Old 03-11-2019, 02:32 PM

22 posts, read 25,993 times
This might be a stupid question:
I had an interview last week and my log number was very low 5x. Do these buildings have parking lots. I have never been in one. I currently rent in a privately owned house in queens.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2000 View Post
This might be a stupid question:
I had an interview last week and my log number was very low 5x. Do these buildings have parking lots. I have never been in one. I currently rent in a privately owned house in queens.
Hi,
They do have parking there, it’s about $400-500 for monthly space.
I guess you don’t have a CB preference right?
Good luck and hope you will hear good news very soon.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:34 PM

22 posts, read 25,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv123 View Post
Hi,
They do have parking there, it’s about $400-500 for monthly space.
I guess you don’t have a CB preference right?
Good luck and hope you will hear good news very soon.
Thanks for the reply. No, I do not have a CB preference.
I hope so too.
I guess I will have to sell the car if I do get the apartment. 400-500 is over my budget

Old 03-11-2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2000 View Post
Thanks for the reply. No, I do not have a CB preference.
I hope so too.
I guess I will have to sell the car if I do get the apartment. 400-500 is over my budget
Well, if you just want to park in a any parking lot in the area, you can find as low as $270, but maybe it’s best just to sell it.
In the city you don’t really need a 🚘.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:40 AM

28 posts, read 30,586 times
Hi I am a CB preference and my log no. is 60,xxx, I went for my interview 2 weeks ago ,they asked me for notarized letter explains few deposits and also notarize some affidavits,to say my household composition has changed to only 3 people,me and my two kids.but when i emailed my case worker the documents ,I asked her to confirm that she got it , but never respond, Is that normal? and also I am afraid by the time they finish the process ,there will be no 2 bedrooms available as my log no is too high,and also how long does the management take to approve you or ask for more documents if they need any.
Sorry to ask about too much staff, but I live in a studio with my kids and really need that apt.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by importantuser1 View Post
Call HPD and ask. It has to be the building management holding on to your papers.
sorry to ask , but what is your log no. just to know how the process is going , or how long it will take from them to reach my no...

Old 03-12-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayzo View Post
Hi I am a CB preference and my log no. is 60,xxx, I went for my interview 2 weeks ago ,they asked me for notarized letter explains few deposits and also notarize some affidavits,to say my household composition has changed to only 3 people,me and my two kids.but when i emailed my case worker the documents ,I asked her to confirm that she got it , but never respond, Is that normal? and also I am afraid by the time they finish the process ,there will be no 2 bedrooms available as my log no is too high,and also how long does the management take to approve you or ask for more documents if they need any.
Sorry to ask about too much staff, but I live in a studio with my kids and really need that apt.
Hi,
Definitely call tomorow to confirm they did received your documents. It will probably will take about 4-5 weeks for the management approval of every thing is in order.
Good luck to you and your kids!

Old 03-13-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv123 View Post
Hi,
Definitely call tomorow to confirm they did received your documents. It will probably will take about 4-5 weeks for the management approval of every thing is in order.
Good luck to you and your kids!
thank you soo much for your reply, I will give them a call today
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery