Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 02:15 PM

8,373 posts, read 4,391,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
2 men stabbing each other? Are Elnrigby and Roseba are actually men?
That is in fact a good one . It appears though that these two gentlemen knew each other personally, the stabbing happened outside the condo complex, and around 2 am - ie, not a kind of thing that would involve typical Parkchester Condo residents (who are asleep at 2 am because they have to be at work 5 to 7 hours later). But, I think an occasional event of this kind completely justifies my concerns (ie, people accusing me of racism because I am concerned about residual crime in Parkchester are just obnoxious *******s who can only keep parroting out their own prejudices. I obviously have a real reason for concern, which obviously has nothing to do with anybody"s race). I don't know whether this mutual stabbing happened within the coverage area of the Parkchester Condo security, which does patrol the condo complex 24/7, but the security cannot be everywhere at the same time (ditto for the real police), so the best way to prevent this kind of thing is to get rid of any criminal riffraff in the neighborhood in general, by having them replaced by better neighbors. I will definitely continue advocating that, as Parkchester Condo complex is too valuable (and too much effort already went into rehabilitating it) to allow any crime there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 02:17 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,293,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnrgby View Post
That is in fact a good one . It appears though that these two gentlemen knew each other personally, the stabbing happened outside the condo complex, and around 2 am - ie, not a kind of thing that would involve typical Parkchester Condo residents (who are asleep at 2 am because they have to be at work 5 to 7 hours later). But, I think an occasional event of this kind completely justifies my concerns (ie, people accusing me of racism because I am concerned about residual crime in Parkchester are just obnoxious *******s who can only keep parroting out their own prejudices. I obviously have a real reason for concern, which obviously has nothing to do with anybody"s race). I don't know whether this mutual stabbing happened within the coverage area of the Parkchester Condo security, which does patrol the condo complex 24/7, but the security cannot be everywhere at the same time (ditto for the real police), so the best way to prevent this kind of thing is to get rid of any criminal riffraff in the neighborhood in general, by having them replaced by better neighbors. I will definitely continue advocating that, as Parkchester Condo complex is too valuable (and too much effort already went into rehabilitating it) to allow any crime there.
They rehabilitated it? Where? The common areas are as dated and rundown as can be...

Old 04-11-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
They rehabilitated it? Where? The common areas are as dated and rundown as can be...
Dated - yes (and that is a big plus for people like me, who actively prefer to live in mid-20th century), rundown - no.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:30 PM

954 posts, read 939,552 times
Elnrgby, you are hilarious.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:19 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,099,919 times
Quote:
What neighborhood do you suggest the 75%ers relocate to? Just curious.
'

Old 04-11-2018, 05:15 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,632,098 times
Quote:
I'm glad you didn't take offense. You have your beef with Roseba and I have mine with Pierrepont. Since disagreements between women rarely result in violence, I think we're all safe.

Seriously, Parkchester isn't a gated community, so even if everyone there is a non rifraff, things will still happen because the Bronx and the city is not without crime and people can come and go freely.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
What neighborhood do you suggest the 75%ers relocate to? Just curious.
'
People who have no history of criminal or disorderly behavior, and who have demonstrated a reliable ability to take care of themselves and their kids without bothering anybody for money, and without imposing any inconvenience on the neighbors, obviously do not need to relocate anywhere. People who bother the neighbors, or have a potential of bothering the neighbors, can relocate anywhere where that might be tolerated - I really don't care at all where. People who harass the neighbors do not deserve to have those neighbors.

Basically, when you have a limited supply of something, and many people competing for it, then it is fair that this something (in this case, a decent place to live) goes to those who are most deserving of it: those people who earned it by decent behavior and by effort to perform useful work.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
I'm glad you didn't take offense. You have your beef with Roseba and I have mine with Pierrepont. Since disagreements between women rarely result in violence, I think we're all safe.

Seriously, Parkchester isn't a gated community, so even if everyone there is a non rifraff, things will still happen because the Bronx and the city is not without crime and people can come and go freely.
They can't quite stab each other freely in a place like Parkchester, where there has been such a concentrated effort to control crime. I already mentioned that half of monthly condo fees goes on maintaining a 24/7 security crew, and the cameras are very numerous throughout the condo complex, plus the porters closely watch the building traffic during working hours. It surprises me that criminals still want to do business in Parkchester area considering that almost every crime has been followed by a rapid arrest, and a criminal is such an easy catch for the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City