Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the Beverly Hills of New York
Soho 5 13.51%
Upper East Side 17 45.95%
Scarsdale 4 10.81%
Bronxville 2 5.41%
Chappaqua 0 0%
Alpine, NJ 9 24.32%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 08:12 AM

12,789 posts, read 8,286,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I just left soho and not what it used to be. It seems to collide too much w near by LES and you see nothing but 28 and under in age wearing $1000 prada walking around nowhere to go. Trust fund kids (presumably) I remember when it was alot of people in 30a and 40s Actors and such. They could still live there and on be on severe down low.
It's just become too crowded down there and I HATE crowds. Rich areas are supposed to be civilized where you can walk and shop in peace. If it wasn't for Crate & Barrel having its ONLY location in NYC there ( I miss the Madison Av location), I would probably be down there even less (Sur la Table and other places I like have other locations that I prefer), but they have such great pieces from Jars Tourron from France and pieces from Germany and Portugal that I can't help but stop by sometimes, and I don't care for ordering online, especially not handmade pieces. I want to pick out each thing that I buy to ensure it meets my standards at such prices.

Quote:
You all realize bevery hills has rent control. So while there a few in the HILLS paying a pretty sum. The people on the bottom can sometimes pay nearly nothing. Bel Air, next store is where the real mansions are. Less tight. Beverly Hills can be very tight.
People in those areas like Beverly Hills tend to buy the properties and then tear them down so that they can build ultra modern places, hence the "new money" that some talked about earlier. That and developers doing the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2018, 08:24 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
You all realize bevery hills has rent control. So while there a few in the HILLS paying a pretty sum. The people on the bottom can sometimes pay nearly nothing. Bel Air, next store is where the real mansions are. Less tight. Beverly Hills can be very tight.
Right. The physical area that the large estates cover is something like half the city, but the other half is a lot denser and very urban for Los Angeles. That part is also a major retail and employment center for the Westside. It may technically be a different municipality, but in most respects, Beverly Hills operates as a neighborhood of the City of Los Angeles.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Well the condo boards will see when their properties start to devalue because of a lack of amenities. TriBeCa could be the spot, but too many empty storefronts makes it feel too quiet. The other thing is most of the places I saw didn't have prices for the menus which means you need people with money to eat there. That Scalini Fedeli spot has a prix fixe menu starting at $75 per person, which is considered a steal for that place, so if someone just wants a regular spot for the family to eat at since that's what TriBeCa residents aim for overall (a family oriented neighorhood), good luck. Laughing Man looks very small. I would've stopped in, but I had already drank an espresso just a few minutes prior.
I tried out a few places in TriBeCa yesterday. I enjoyed Laughing Man, though the space is TINYYYYYY..... I was third in line in the shop and was practically out the door, especially with this mother in there with her little brat running around. Really nowhere to stand unless no one is in the store. My macchiato was good though. I'll order it dry and hotter next time, but the coffee itself is good and apparently all organic according to the bags I saw in there.

After that I stopped at a bakery across the street (Duane Park Patisserie) and had a individual sized nut cake, which is a almond and hazelnut cake. It was nice... Not amazing, but decent. I wasn't sure about their other stuff, and the garbage was overflowing with coffee cups, not to mention yet another TriBeCa stroller mom with brats running around the store, so I didn't dare consider eating there or getting anything else, since I only wanted a little pick-me-up. I had just finished my macchiato when I got in the store, so the mini cake was nice to have. When I'm not in a hurry, I have some sit-down places that I will try out.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:42 AM

268 posts, read 239,531 times
The ring dings at Duane Park Patisserie are out of this world! My kids love DPP.

There are plenty of family-friendly restaurants around--Sarabeth's, Gigino's, Blau Gans, Odeon, Bubby's, L'Angelo, Distilled all spring to mind. Like most Tribecans I take my kids to dinner basically anywhere. There are few places in the neighborhood that I would consider too fancy for them.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayona View Post
The ring dings at Duane Park Patisserie are out of this world! My kids love DPP.

There are plenty of family-friendly restaurants around--Sarabeth's, Gigino's, Blau Gans, Odeon, Bubby's, L'Angelo, Distilled all spring to mind. Like most Tribecans I take my kids to dinner basically anywhere. There are few places in the neighborhood that I would consider too fancy for them.
I was tempted to get one, but I wasn't in the mood for something rich. Sarabeth's... Kids don't come to mind when it comes up, but I'm not surprised you take them there. lol TriBeCa has become a very family-oriented neighborhood. The Downtown more hip version of the UES where people have $$ are more laid back. I'm sure you teach your kids good manners. The kids I saw yesterday were in the places I frequented were extremely bratty and spoiled.

Old 05-06-2018, 11:17 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,066,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Anybody want a Beverly Hills lottery apartment?

Housing

I want Ramon Novarro's house.
A steal at $4M: It's a Lloyd Wright (Frank's son)

Old 05-06-2018, 12:57 PM

54 posts, read 29,095 times
5th ave overlooking central park <--- May the force be with you!
Malba Queens
Jamaica Estates colonial homes Queens
Dyker heights Brooklyn
Bayridge Brooklyn
Bensonhurst Brooklyn

Last edited by NativeNooYawka; 05-06-2018 at 01:13 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 01:14 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,612,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
My god that home is beautiful!

Reminds me of cliff hugging island houses found in the USVI.

Old 05-06-2018, 01:15 PM

34,080 posts, read 47,278,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I want to have a party where somebody tries to slide down that hill LoL

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-06-2018, 02:18 PM

54 posts, read 29,095 times
Howard Beach Queens -- Defaulted -- Me and you both.

Ridgewood Bordertown

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City