Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 02:08 PM

14,044 posts, read 13,917,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlieuk View Post
Europe is totally different to the states, why would anyone want to live in France, the french are not very warm generally.
I actually don't like Europe. London I love but has lost its charm, too over run with too many immigrants, am I allowed to say that on here?

Re dating.. I thought the American men liked English women?
Why NYC over dozens of American cities ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 03:06 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,097,066 times
Quote:
Europe is totally different to the states, why would anyone want to live in France, the french are not very warm generally.
I actually don't like Europe. London I love but has lost its charm, too over run with too many immigrants, am I allowed to say that on here?

You say you don't like immigrants but you want to become one?

At 60 years old you'd be competing with the many single women in their 30s, 40s & 50s. Single women in NYC vastly outnumber single men.

Visit for 90 days, maybe you'll get lucky.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:09 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,595,455 times
Quote:

I don't know if American men particularly like English women, maybe so, who knows.

But...if you don't like all the immigrants, you won't like it in NYC. If anything, there are more immigrants here in NYC than in London.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:15 PM

15,822 posts, read 14,463,105 times
Before the OP considers any issue about where in the US to relocate to, she needs to deal with the huge issue of getting an immigrant visa to the US. This is no longer simple, easy, quick, or cheap. She should be doing the research into that first.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:26 PM

983 posts, read 931,103 times
Quote:

If you think London has too many immigrants, hoo boy you won't like New York...

Old 04-15-2018, 03:35 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,471,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
I don't know if American men particularly like English women, maybe so, who knows.

But...if you don't like all the immigrants, you won't like it in NYC. If anything, there are more immigrants here in NYC than in London.
I do like English women, I can't speak for other men but I do think that their accent is seen as exotic.

But you're definitely right about that second point, NYC is filled with immigrants and it's a very cosmopolitan city.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:38 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
lol, you beat me to the post.

But I think the OP is referring to Muslim, "you can't do that - I'm going to chop your head off" type of immigrant. Not the, "lets get down with the booze and the pah-tay" type of immigrant

Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
And she plans on becoming an immigrant herself...the irony

Reminds me of Peter Brimelow and John Derbyshire

Old 04-15-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
lol, you beat me to the post.

But I think the OP is referring to Muslim, "you can't do that - I'm going to chop your head off" type of immigrant. Not the, "lets get down with the booze and the pah-tay" type of immigrant
What type of immigrant is the latter supposed to be?

Old 04-15-2018, 03:59 PM

983 posts, read 931,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
What type of immigrant is the latter supposed to be?
He probably means dominicans.

Who are probably less likely to blow you up than middle easterners, but middle eastern food is way better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: