Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 06:52 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Chief being black don't mean crap. You are blue are you aren't. Uncle Tom ring a bell?

I have seen several versions of events. Philly is an openly racist city. Been like that for a long time. I was surprised what I heard on Friday and Saturday nights. Openly n word and the c word,like nothing.
Whatever your biases ensure you know, it's clear that you did not watch the video if you think the cops never asked these guys to leave prior to arresting them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2018, 06:55 AM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
It seems a bit of an over reaction to the antics of a manager
You're old enough and wise enough to know that every incident touted today as proof of the US being a NAZI/Racist county are over-reactions due to the feeble emotional strength, dramatization, and indoctrination of today's leftist youth.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:07 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Starbucks shut down their outlet on 92nd and Third Ave. Good riddance. Unfortunately they opened one on Second Ave. between 93rd and 94th atop the subway escalator.

Proper coffee:

Old 04-18-2018, 07:12 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcrusher3000 View Post
My sentiment exactly...I really think the manager's lack of discretion is the problem here and this doesn't warrant the national uproar that it has created. This is one incident that occurred at a company that has no previous record of racist policies whatsoever. Get over it...
Ppl jump on anything that can lead to a potential payday

Kevin Hart made a good point when he said boycotting them would make no sense because then you would be taking money out of the pockets of black Starbucks employees.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,262,237 times
Guess the boys in blue have nothing else better to do than to throw people out of Starbucks like 6 officers really? Of course them being men of color while you have white people defending them didn't help, many even stated they have done the same many times over at the same location. It is just a PR stunt for Starbucks to attempt to clean up their image. I don't buy it and I don't care I still go to Starbucks, for just one prick managers mistake I will continue to get my Starbucks fix.

Last edited by Ruready4Bklyn; 04-18-2018 at 07:30 AM..

Old 04-18-2018, 07:20 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Time to celebrate! I hate Starbucks... Burnt coffee, and products full of GMOs... Keep drinking the kool-aid folks!

And so? People of color can and do discriminate against other people of color all the time.

I see you are drinking the GMO-idiocy Kool-Aid yourself.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:22 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Starbucks shut down their outlet on 92nd and Third Ave. Good riddance. Unfortunately they opened one on Second Ave. between 93rd and 94th atop the subway escalator.

Proper coffee:

Drip coffee never gets proper coffee flavor. Get yourself a moka pot.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
It's just nice to know with Starbucks, Americans now have a place to go hangout and not have to buy anything.
Starbucks never requires people to buy anything to hang out in them. You've clearly not been in one.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:37 AM

782 posts, read 526,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
She did but they told her they would rather wait for a friend to show up before ordering & refused to leave. She over reacted or was power tripping and called the cops on them.
Did the men actually tell the employee that they were waiting for a friend? It’s not clear in the things I’ve read. If so, the employee should have been more assertive with them before calling the police.

In any event, I still don’t get why the men didn’t just buy something at this point. Personally, I don’t even sit down without first making a purchase. Or if I’m with a friend, at least one of us makes a purchase before taking up a table. Occasionally, I’ve nursed one cup for longer than I should (like 3 hours or so) but I kind of know I’m wrong and if an employee approached me, I would leave or buy something else.

Old 04-18-2018, 07:51 AM

782 posts, read 526,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Starbucks never requires people to buy anything to hang out in them. You've clearly not been in one.
You love to spread misinformation, don’t you? Or just too darn lazy to check on facts.

According to a company spokesperson, there is no broad policy. It’s set by the individual stores.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...athroom-rights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City