Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 10:10 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,427,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammax View Post
it's a perfectly reasonable question, no need to get salty about people asking these things. But really, if you worked in brownsville before, there isn't anyhting you need to worry about walking 3 blocks from the subway to your office in the Heights. Just pick whatever is less uphill walking

Also I wear headphones 100% of the time when I'm outside and I"ve never had problems (well, not yet), because I also look like I'm paying attention to what's going on around me... that's all you really need. Don't look insecure
I agree, not everyone's comfort is the same and there's nothing wrong with asking what the area is like. But ultimately you have to see for yourself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 02:44 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,889,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
He like thugs
Only if they are packing big ones if you know what I mean.............

Old 04-21-2018, 10:16 AM

12,751 posts, read 8,221,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Only if they are packing big ones if you know what I mean.............
Missiles...

Old 06-25-2019, 10:42 AM

87 posts, read 101,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
OP, the only difference really is that walking along 181st a bit after leaving the 1, as opposed to leaving the A at 175th, is that 181st will be busier during normal hours. More people on the streets, stores open, folks coming and going, etc. Yes, anything can happen anywhere, but neither route is particularly dangerous or fear-inducing, and if you have any street smarts at all -- which you should after living and working in Brooklyn -- you should be fine.

how is the area at night? working around 184th and amsterdam, leaving around 11pm to go home via train?

Old 06-25-2019, 11:58 AM

11,195 posts, read 9,042,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krb212 View Post
how is the area at night? working around 184th and amsterdam, leaving around 11pm to go home via train?
Are you working at Yeshiva?

11pm is night time so just be vigilant. What train are you taking?

Old 06-26-2019, 01:14 AM

134 posts, read 108,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
This forum covers various topics. Since when did this become a "relocation forum"? Please. Stop making excuses for peoples' ignorance and stupidity. I'm a New Yorker and I'm just telling it like it is. If these transplants can't deal with a little crime, they need to stay where they're at and stop coming here and grow a pair.

I've lived in Europe. You think I had a friggin' forum to tell me what rough areas to avoid? No... I used common sense! I've been to Naples in the hood... I was just fine and there's the camorra there and definitely some parts you want to avoid.
Thankfully, the people in Washington Heights are nicer than you are.

If you don't want to help the OP with his question then grow a pair and go to another forum. There's no excuse for rudeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City