Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 08:01 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,920,856 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMazN5uH49U
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2018, 08:31 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,283,172 times
Does the dishwasher in the NYC apt. even work? There are water stains all on the outside of it for some strange reason.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:35 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,920,856 times
Manhattan apartment vs Downtown Houston

Old 04-28-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Manhattan apartment vs Downtown Houston
My kitchen is actually bigger with a California island, and I live in a studio. That bedroom doesn't even have a closet! I have one walk-in closet and a linen closet. $1500 is a rip-off, and that "outdoor" space looks depressing.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:06 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
My kitchen is actually bigger with a California island, and I live in a studio. That bedroom doesn't even have a closet! I have one walk-in closet and a linen closet. $1500 is a rip-off, and that "outdoor" space looks depressing.
Who cares what you have, no one asked. This dude is happy with his apartment. Stop being such a bitcher.

Old 04-29-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Who cares what you have, no one asked. This dude is happy with his apartment. Stop being such a bitcher.
The whole point of the thread is to see what little you get in parts of New York City when you're clueless. The guy lives in a CLOSET. You're happy FOR him. He can't be happy living like the walls are closing in. Worse of all, he has three roommates that are clueless as well!

Then again, coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between you're and your, I can see how you'd conclude that he's happy.

Old 04-29-2018, 05:28 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,233,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
The whole point of the thread is to see what little you get in parts of New York City when you're clueless. The guy lives in a CLOSET. You're happy FOR him. He can't be happy living like the walls are closing in. Worse of all, he has three roommates that are clueless as well!

Then again, coming from someone who doesn't know the difference between you're and your, I can see how you'd conclude that he's happy.
Not everyone has a wooden stick up their ass 24/7 like you. Some people can be happy with what they have.
You act like your living this royal life cause you shop at whole foods and bed bath and beyond and have 2 apartments. The fact that you constantly brag about these things shows your insecurities and just how unhappy you are with yourself. I recommend you look to add some people to your life. Well if you can find any that want to be around you.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Not everyone has a wooden stick up their ass 24/7 like you. Some people can be happy with what they have.
You act like your living this royal life cause you shop at whole foods and bed bath and beyond and have 2 apartments. The fact that you constantly brag about these things shows your insecurities and just how unhappy you are with yourself. I recommend you look to add some people to your life. Well if you can find any that want to be around you.
I never knew that having basic amenities like closets and countertop space was living the royal life. This guy is paying $1500 and he doesn't even have a closet, and sharing a place with three other people at that! There's being happy with what you have and there's living like a fool. His sex life must be non-existent. lol

Oh and for the love of God... "you're" = you are not "your".

Old 04-29-2018, 07:38 AM

766 posts, read 507,597 times
Why do people make these stupid comparisons

Nyc is how many HUNDREDS of years old? The rich history of nyc is vastly different from these new metro cities in the south.

Atl and Houston are relatively new cities with vast amount of expandable growth available due to the large amount of land.

It’s like comparing oranges to apples

Old 04-29-2018, 09:23 AM

444 posts, read 387,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Why do people make these stupid comparisons

Nyc is how many HUNDREDS of years old? The rich history of nyc is vastly different from these new metro cities in the south.

Atl and Houston are relatively new cities with vast amount of expandable growth available due to the large amount of land.

It’s like comparing oranges to apples
The rich history of NYC is slowly disappearing. I would wager that Houston probably has more history than NYC at the moment...if I see one more high rise change the landscape I will puke.

And breaking up the inside of a brownstones to make apartments is changing "the rich history" to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: