Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 12:44 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else get the BJ's Warehouse offer for 3 months free membership or the one year for $25.

We were charter members at the Jersey City store...it was in our backyard and next door to ShopRite. But here we like the Middle Village BJ's best. Bronx is a pain in the ass walk from the subway and it gets crazy mobbed with half hour lines
We will do the 3 month freebie and then do the half price year membership.

Is there anything else to do in Middle Village except be buried?

Is that Myrtle Avenue-Wyckoff extension on the M train up and running yet? The trip is long enough for me without a shuttle bus transfer especially with a tonnage of purchases. According to a schedule I saw they were supposed to finish both phases by April 2018 but with the MTA that might not mean much.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-06-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 04:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
Interesting thread title.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-06-2018, 09:34 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,290,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Did anyone else get the BJ's Warehouse offer for 3 months free membership or the one year for $25.

We were charter members at the Jersey City store...it was in our backyard and next door to ShopRite. But here we like the Middle Village BJ's best. Bronx is a pain in the ass walk from the subway and it gets crazy mobbed with half hour lines

Is that Myrtle Avenue-Wyckoff extension on the M train up and running yet? The trip is long enough for me without a shuttle bus transfer especially with a tonnage of purchases. According to a schedule I saw they were supposed to finish both phases by April 2018 but with the MTA that might not mean much.
I'm not sure why you schlepp on the subway when you can ride in comfort to the Kingsbridge location. There's an express bus that runs from your neighborhood up there. You can board the BxM1 at 3rd Avenue and 91st street. It will leave you at West 230th street and Broadway. Walk to the same stop going back. You get the senior discount so it would be much less than $6.50 or take the train to West 238th street. BJ's is one block away!

Old 05-07-2018, 02:00 AM

106,669 posts, read 108,833,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

groupon has a 1 year membership for 25 bucks almost all the time going on but we wait for the 35.00 dollar offer they have every so often . you get 25 bucks in bj dollars to spend so it cost 10 bucks to join .

personally i think costco has far better quality and selection in goods . .

Old 05-07-2018, 02:22 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,888,702 times
The nearest one to me is at the Bronx Terminal Market and I heard it’s ratchet af

Old 05-07-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

personally i think costco has far better quality and selection in goods . .

But Costco never offers a membership deal. We were Costco members for 2 years and finally judged that our savings never paid for the $50 fee. All we were buying was tofu, pickled herring, and their big rotisserie chicken.

We bought many big ticket items at BJ's: first computer system, 46 inch TV, three way wall mount, chests of drawers, digital camera, mattress, and often their Michael Angelo frozen family sized entrees (good stuff,) Years' supply of Orville Reddenbacher. Oh, and whole milk at $2.29 a gallon, when I was making yoghurt, 1/2 and 1/2 at $1.49/quart

We are toying with a 60 or 65 inch TV...I wonder if we could drag it home on the subway. My partner doesn't have much upper body strength these days.

Both Costco and BJ's are annoying in not having a delivery service...big items are a chore to arrange for pickup with a van, etc.

Any info on that M-train to Middle Village? Done or not?

Pierrepont,
Subway + bus costs me $1.35 less 5% discount. X-buses are $6.50 and to get the senior discount I would need to ride off hours...that time constraint would be annoying...like after 10AM and before 3 PM I believe. I jumped on an express bus only once, by mistake, and was pissed it had removed $5 from my Metrocard to ride from Chambers to Canal.

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-07-2018 at 06:57 AM..

Old 05-07-2018, 06:13 AM

i find even tires at bj are lacking in choice. basically if we get the membership for 10 bucks we will get our moneys worth of food items .

anything else they have is really low end as far as electronics or camera's. even their auto supply stuff is limited .

costco i find has so much more to offer of better quality . i rarely go to either because i do to much damage.

i don't buy a box of cookies , i get a case . i end up buying way to many extras in large quantity

i can hear it now . MATHJAK IS DEAD -WHO GETS THE MAPLE SYRUP LEFT OVER .

Old 05-07-2018, 06:55 AM

Me, me, me.

But imagine how nice it would be to be cremated in maple syrup, or even embalmed with it.

Okay, practical question.
Let's say I bought a 60 inch TV at BJ's in Middle Village. How would I get it home to the UES without a car?

Old 05-07-2018, 07:01 AM

i rather be stuffed with un-popped popcorn and cremated . that would be quite epic .

Old 05-07-2018, 07:02 AM

While a chorus sang "Pop Goes the Weasel."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City