Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 08:02 AM

14,054 posts, read 13,929,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
The president has power through regulation to increase or decrease the value of property he owns. This is in violation of the emolument clause of the Constitution.
And that is why it matters.
Money talks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 08:33 AM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times
He'll need it - for those lawyer fees.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:45 AM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,903 times
Quote:
What Wakanda is implying is that Donald Trump is lying about his being a billionaire: he is not.
But through crooked deals wielding the power of the presidency he could scam enough to BECOME a billionaire by the time he leaves office.
Trump has a history of losing money all the time, so money will not stay with him. No matter how much money he can get in any kind of way, he will lose it all at the end. That is simply so Trump.

Old 05-09-2018, 10:43 AM

766 posts, read 507,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Trump has a history of losing money all the time, so money will not stay with him. No matter how much money he can get in any kind of way, he will lose it all at the end. That is simply so Trump.
Which is why I am still confused on why people still think he's a great businessman, his business acumen was a seller for voters. Meanwhile he has a slew of failed businesses and bankruptcies.

I guess thats cognitive dissonance.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Is he the best business man? Likely not.

Is he WAY richer than most and the owner of way more REAL property than most (including every single person on this board combined who calls him a bad business man)? Yup.

It's pretty weird to call someone like Trump a failure, especially coming from regular Joe's. The guy is worth many, many millions no matter what argument you present, owns a ridiculous amount of actual property that really exists in physical form, and won a presidential election that he decided to enter on a whim against one of the most formidable political machines ever to exist in this country.

Agree with him or not, one must reflect on what went wrong in their own live if we're setting the bar for failure at Trump...

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-09-2018, 12:43 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Which is why I am still confused on why people still think he's a great businessman, his business acumen was a seller for voters. Meanwhile he has a slew of failed businesses and bankruptcies.

His business prowess (or lack thereof) was inconsequential to receiving my vote. I do not vote for democrats at any level of government. They are the enemy of all that constitutes my being.

I wouldn't vote for a democrat if the person was a close family member and their opponent was a soggy grilled-cheese sandwich.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-09-2018, 01:49 PM

12,789 posts, read 8,288,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Is he the best business man? Likely not.

Is he WAY richer than most and the owner of way more REAL property than most (including every single person on this board combined who calls him a bad business man)? Yup.

It's pretty weird to call someone like Trump a failure, especially coming from regular Joe's. The guy is worth many, many millions no matter what argument you present, owns a ridiculous amount of actual property that really exists in physical form, and won a presidential election that he decided to enter on a whim against one of the most formidable political machines ever to exist in this country.

Agree with him or not, one must reflect on what went wrong in their own live if we're setting the bar for failure at Trump...
I too voted for Trump because he isn't beholden to ANYONE. He has his own money and says what's on his mind, whether you agree or disagree with him. I was tired of these hypocritical politicians who grin and smile and then go about their agenda screwing over Americans. Obama had eight years, talked endlessly and got very little accomplished that didn't negatively impact millions of Americans.

The "Affordable" Care Act that everyone touts has been a DISASTER. Premiums are still high as hell, yet everyone boasts about how great it is that we have "universal" health care... Universal for who? Many Americans STILL can't afford the premiums (I'm curious how much people pay for their premiums because considering how young I am with no health issues, my premiums are incredibly high compared to before), and then on top of that, they get PENALIZED at tax time for not being able to afford it! About as un-American as it gets to penalize people for such a thing. That alone was one reason I voted for Trump. The government has no business telling people what they should and shouldn't buy especially if they can't afford it in the first place, but the Liberals will praise him to no end about how great it was and how America should have universal healthcare.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post

Given how many businesses he's run and still has, it would only be natural that he'd have some that didn't work, but how many people open businesses that fail? Many businesses don't survive, so it find it funny that people act like him having some business failures is so ironic or bizzare. Failure is a part of life, but clearly it doesn't stop him from continuing. It isn't always about failing but how you rebound that shows what type of individual you are.

Putting your disdain for him aside, I'm pleased with his work ethic. He works religiously every day, and he's always putting America first unlike previous presidents who sold us out and sold our jobs to China and elsewhere in the name of globalization. For me he's a breath of fresh air. The media can screw off with their oh "presidents don't do this" and "presidents don't do that" crap.

The people have spoken and the media and other haters will have to deal with it for the next 2+ years.

Old 05-09-2018, 02:22 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,069,384 times
Obamacare sucks, and it has from its very inception. It is neither universal nor particularly affordable. Obama was so frightened of the minority Republican Party that he never became aware of the power of the presidency until his last year in office. By then the damage had been done. He was a dreadful president, afraid to act.

Pierrepont. would you have been happier with universal single payer health care with only nominal co-pays to keep hypochondriacs out of doctors' offices 5 days a week?

The people have spoken

Actually it is the gerrymandered electoral college who have spoken to THWART "the people who "have spoken." DJT's presidency, like GWB's serve to illustrate clearly that we no longer live in a democracy. The people have little say in who is appointed to the presidency.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Obamacare sucks, and it has from its very inception. It is neither universal nor particularly affordable. Obama was so frightened of the minority Republican Party that he never became aware of the power of the presidency until his last year in office. By then the damage had been done. He was a dreadful president, afraid to act.

Pierrepont. would you have been happier with universal single payer health care with only nominal co-pays to keep hypochondriacs out of doctors' offices 5 days a week?
LMAO... I favor something that was proposed at the last company I worked for before Obamacare. It was system where you deposit funds into an account which accrued and when you needed to go to the doctor, you had money to use. Unfortunately we could only have one plan so that one wasn't very popular, but something like that would be great now. Open up options across state lines and give people choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City