Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 05:01 PM

12,196 posts, read 7,163,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
AllianceBernstein surprised the industry last week when a memo the company wrote to employees revealed that one of Wall Street’s oldest institutions would be packing up for Tennessee. The financial firm cited lower property taxes, a more affordable cost of living and shorter commute times for employees as reasons for the move.

Company CEO Seth Bernstein and about 1,050 other employees will move to Nashville, where the firm will reportedly spend about $70 million to build a new headquarters.
https://therealdeal.com/2018/05/09/a...far-west-side/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 06:28 PM

18,900 posts, read 13,796,327 times
Tennessee is a FAR better state to live in than NY and Nashville is a FAR better city then ours as well. I wish I could move to TN. I would have been there in 13 months had I not gotten divorced.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-10-2018, 06:40 PM

766 posts, read 504,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Tennessee is a FAR better state to live in than NY and Nashville is a FAR better city then ours as well. I wish I could move to TN. I would have been there in 13 months had I not gotten divorced.
Nashville is okay

For smaller cities, I would take Austin, Atlanta or Portland.

Still NYC >>>

Won’t be long before nyc start announcing tax incentives to businesses to stay here. We gotta pay for all these poor people housing and benefits somehow. High earners leaving rapidly will effect the budgets.

Start Up NYC was a waste of millions, didn’t create any significant job numbers

Old 05-10-2018, 06:42 PM

I just clicked the link and actually read the article. Headline is a bit misleading

They are still keeping an office in nyc, just spreading out west

Old 05-10-2018, 06:48 PM

14,007 posts, read 13,802,922 times
Will this be a trend ?

Old 05-10-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Will this be a trend ?
I find it hilarious that even after a huge corporate tax cut, these companies are still complaining about cost. I guess greed knows no bound.

But at the end of the day, thanks to the tech world business can be accomplished anywhere

Old 05-10-2018, 07:10 PM

They are having problems recruiting because professionals have options now and don’t want to live in places like NYC where the cost of living is ridiculous. Sure, young wierdo artsy trust fund babies still love NYC - and immigrants - but deny it all you want, there are other cities thriving in this country because of better cost of living.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
They are having problems recruiting because professionals have options now and don’t want to live in places like NYC where the cost of living is ridiculous. Sure, young wierdo artsy trust fund babies still love NYC - and immigrants - but deny it all you want, there are other cities thriving in this country because of better cost of living.
Sooner or later, they will have the same issues.

Nashville, atl, Houston, Austin, dallas are all of course cheaper to live than NYC. However, they are experiencing drastic rising in home prices, rentals and heavy congestion due to a subpar or no public transportation provided.

As these small cities build up, the same problems that arise in nyc and California will show its ugly face. Just check out what’s happening in Seattle after Amazon’s HQ move, homelessness is increasing

Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 PM

12,746 posts, read 8,197,990 times
Quote:
Not only that, but you pay so much and the transportation SUCKS, congestion and homeless people galore and the streets in a lot of areas are FILTHY!

Old 05-10-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakanda18 View Post
Sooner or later, they will have the same issues.

Nashville, atl, Houston, Austin, dallas are all of course cheaper to live than NYC. However, they are experiencing drastic rising in home prices, rentals and heavy congestion due to a subpar or no public transportation provided.

As these small cities build up, the same problems that arise in nyc and California will show its ugly face. Just check out what’s happening in Seattle after Amazon’s HQ move, homelessness is increasing
Eventually it will happen of course, but it will take those cities years to get there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City