Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 08:34 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,461,784 times

Advertisements

I haven't read through all the posts, so excuse me if I'm simply reiterating sentiments that probably everyone has expressed, but that woman deserved exactly what she got. It's disgusting. Good on that judge! She should have made her pay more. This makes my blood boil.

Last edited by Moving415; 05-11-2018 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 09:12 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
The Hotel industry's buying of NYC politicians to undercut and stymie Airbnb has been quite remarkable. They've funded both Scott Stringer and Linda Rosenthal to be their mouthpieces and its working well with the raft of new pro-hotel union rules that have been put in place. This woman aside, other NYC residents hoping to make a bit of money on the side can forget about it. And anyone coming as a tourist to NYC - yes you'll have to stay in an awful generic overpriced room warehouse for sure.

Anyone travelling abroad generally knows the neighborhood experience and genuineness of the atmosphere is entirely different staying at, say, and Airbnb in Barcelona vs the Barcelona Marriott. No comparisons.
Airbnb is legal in NYC provided the person renting out their Airbnb is LIVING in the apartment while they rent out space in the apartment. This woman was in the HAMPTONS and refused to hand over her bank and credit card statements, so the judge ruled against her. Please don't like or distort things.

I use Airbnb frequently when I travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City