Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 06:36 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,933,545 times

Advertisements

Very rarely do I ever use a bank atm,the one I do use is drive up in wide open space.
I use grocery store or Walmart,I am 85.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 11:01 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,729,934 times
Holy cow, I would NOT have thought that would happen in that Citibank in the middle of the damn day. Why do you even need to beat an old man, I'm sure the robber could've gotten his cash with relatively minimal force. We may find out that the robber is schizophrenic or was on wet or similar...it just seems like such an ill-thought-out AND pointlessly brutal crime.

Poor man.

Old 05-16-2018, 04:50 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
There was an incident in the Bronx too...

Video shows man beaten and robbed on the street in the Bronx | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-17-2018, 09:32 AM

124 posts, read 190,828 times
UPDATE: The NYPD has made an arrest.

Brute arrested for bashing 87-year-old professor during ATM robbery blames 'bad spirits or something' for vicious assault

May 17, 2018

Brute arrested for bashing 87-year-old professor during ATM robbery blames 'bad spirits or something' for vicious assault - NY Daily News

Old 05-17-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaldude View Post

Brute arrested for bashing 87-year-old professor during ATM robbery blames 'bad spirits or something' for vicious assault

May 17, 2018

Brute arrested for bashing 87-year-old professor during ATM robbery blames 'bad spirits or something' for vicious assault - NY Daily News
The guy that this savage attacked was a Lehman college professor who is now brain dead. RIP.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:14 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normaldude View Post

He makes me sick. Everyone can just claim crazy and then what....People need to be held accountable for their actions. He wanted $300 and beat this guy till he was brain dead. He need to be locked away in a dark cage.

Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
He makes me sick. Everyone can just claim crazy and then what....People need to be held accountable for their actions. He wanted $300 and beat this guy till he was brain dead. He need to be locked away in a dark cage.
I wish people that claim to be crazy, etc that their immediate and extended family are held financially accountable. This will make family have everyone in check and stop the unnecessary breeding.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:38 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,235,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
I wish people that claim to be crazy, etc that their immediate and extended family are held financially accountable. This will make family have everyone in check and stop the unnecessary breeding.
The other day on the train I witnesses a mother non stop verbally abusing her kids. Probably about 10 and 8 years old. She called them names, threaten to beat them, refused the child his coat when he was cold, telling them to shut up, until she finally put her head phones on and fell asleep. She also had a baby in the stroller.

Anyways witnessing that made me think why so many kids turn into naughty teenagers and criminal adults. Those poor children. Mind you they weren't misbehaving.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:02 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
So not only did no one try to help, nobody could be bothered to call the police or an ambulance.

Seems like the thief/murderer is not the only scum. I realize it can be scary to intervene, but the least people could do is call the cops when something bad happens or otherwise file a report.

Though I have seen people in public intervene and pin criminals down to the ground and hold them there, and once when a deliver guy on his bicycle ran over a woman, the FDNY made him stay there until the paramedics and the police arrived. What happened is the FDNY was coming through and all traffic pulled aside. The ******* delivery guy got on the side walks full speed ahead on his bicycle and ran over a woman. She was hurt, not sure how badly. Obviously she sued whatever company he worked for, and the NYPD took down that information.
I agree with you. However, even though we have actual laws that allow for force to be used by civilians to protect other civilians (see New York Penal Code §35.15 I think), our seriously messed up legal system punishes good samaritans worse than perpetrators an overwhelming majority of the time. We've created a maintained a society that are like the mutes of Kew Gardens.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
The other day on the train I witnesses a mother non stop verbally abusing her kids. Probably about 10 and 8 years old. She called them names, threaten to beat them, refused the child his coat when he was cold, telling them to shut up, until she finally put her head phones on and fell asleep. She also had a baby in the stroller.

Anyways witnessing that made me think why so many kids turn into naughty teenagers and criminal adults. Those poor children. Mind you they weren't misbehaving.
Some people have no business having kids. Not sure why those people feel like they need to have kids.

We are going to end up like that movie Idiocracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: