Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 09:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

We live in an age of political correctness. Me personally according to my black American girlfriend. I have no right to speak in regards for black people in America. Due to the fact I did not face historical slavery, Jim crow, police brutality and I'm direct descendent of white men even though I'm a man of color. Eventhough I love black Americans, and all they have done to make America great for all people. I can not speak on their behalf. Part of me is the oppressor and colonizer, while the other half is the victim and the oppressed.

Since I'm in City data, I can escape for her controlling rhetoric. With that said. I have noticed these days that African Americans do not like the term African-American Americans. Why? They are not from Africa. They are from here, America. That I understand. Also amongst conservatives blacks aka c@@ns and left Marxist pro blacks like to use the term black American. I too prefer to call African Americans black Americans. I feel that an African American is an person born in the United States and his or her parents are African immigrants. We live in an age where we put labels on things, thanks to sensitivity, oppression and victimization.

I can never forget when pro blacks told some people. "you Africans think you are better than us? Go back to your country. We don't need your kind here". Again we are living in scary times in this country. I wanted to record these racist for thier speech, but I don't want to cause problems with people being fired over social media.

Also black immigrants from central America, Caribbean, South America and Africa do not like to be called an African American. They too are from another country, and are also removed from Africa.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 06-14-2018 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
We live in an age of political correctness. Me personally according to my black American girlfriend. I have no right to speak in regards for black people in America. Due to the fact I did not face historical slavery, Jim crow, police brutality and I'm direct descendent of white men even though I'm a man of color. Eventhough I love black Americans, and all they have done to make America great for all people. I can not speak on their behalf. Part of me is the oppressor and colonizer, while the other half is the victim and the oppressed.

Since I'm in City data, I can escape for her controlling rhetoric. With that said. I have noticed these days that African Americans do not like the term African-American Americans. Why? They are not from Africa. They are from here, America. That I understand. Also amongst conservatives blacks aka c@@ns and left Marxist pro blacks like to use the term black American. I too prefer to call African Americans black Americans. I feel that an African American is an person born in the United States and his or her parents are African immigrants. We live in an age where we put labels on things, thanks to sensitivity, oppression and victimization.

I can never forget when pro blacks told some people. "you Africans think you are better than us? Go back to your country. We don't need your kind here". Again we are living in scary times in this country. I wanted to record these racist for thier speech, but I don't want to cause problems with people being fired over social media.

Also black immigrants from central America, Caribbean, South America and Africa do not like to be called an African American. They too are from another country, and are also removed from Africa.
Dude, I think you are a liar and there is no AA girlfriend. If there is, she's very ignorant and needs to go to school. Black people arrived in Guyana via the African slave trade. Yes, that is why Black people are in the Caribbean. Of course there is oppression and poverty in the Caribbean due to the historical legacy of slavery. Black/mixed whatever people leave the Caribbean for other parts of the world because it is a pure DUMP and that's why you have all these Caribbeans in NYC, FL, Atlanta, London, etc.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:09 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer2020 View Post
They never use the term "European" American, to describe White Americans, who have ancestors that have been in the U.S., since its inception. They are simply "American," or "White American." In fact, even the children of a European, who is born in America, is simply referred to as an American or "White" American.

Yet a Black American, who has ancestry in the U.S. dating back to over 400 years is labeled, an African American.
They don't use European American, but white people do indeed identify as German, Irish, Italian, or whatever their are from in Europe and these days many white americans go to the European countries of their origins. In fact if they have parents or grandparents from those countries, they can even apply for duel citizenship.

"Black" was an artificially constructed identity by the slavemasters who went out of their way to strip religious and cultural identity from their slaves. Also in order to protect the white slaveowners who knocked up their female slaves, the kids had to be considered "Black" so the master wouldn't have to split his estate.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 AM

200 posts, read 146,895 times
NYC's AA population peaked back in 1979, and even then there was a very significant Caribbean/West Indian population.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:17 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,618 times
Quote:

This thread has nothing to do with political correctness.

They are not African American but they should be aware that are black.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
This thread has nothing to do with political correctness.

They are not African American but they should be aware that are black.
Correct. If anything. Can we call Elon musk African American. He is from Africa.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:23 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,618 times
Quote:
Correct. If anything. Can we call Elon musk African American. He is from Africa.
We can call him a black man.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Dude, I think you are a liar and there is no AA girlfriend. If there is, she's very ignorant and needs to go to school. Black people arrived in Guyana via the African slave trade. Yes, that is why Black people are in the Caribbean. Of course there is oppression and poverty in the Caribbean due to the historical legacy of slavery. Black/mixed whatever people leave the Caribbean for other parts of the world because it is a pure DUMP and that's why you have all these Caribbeans in NYC, FL, Atlanta, London, etc.
Lol, I'm not lying, and she has a master's. I'm not sure you know much about history. Slavery was not profitable in Guyana. The environment was not habitable for slavery or any sort of industry compared to other places like the American South most of the Caribbean and Brazil South of the equator which had suitable climates for slavery and more hospitable. Plenty of slaves died in Guyana, and Guyana had, a low slave population. Guyana black population got bigger from blacks migrants form Barbados and St Lucia migrated to Guyana because, Guyana had some of the highest wages in the British Empire at that time. Even escaped black slaves who fled to Canada from the American South, migrated to Guyana for work. Over time blacks from where ever mixed with afro black Guyanese. At the end of the day, black is black. Slavery in Guyana was so brutal in terms of conditions that it forced british to abolish the practice, and revert back to indentured servitude system which was once practiced in the former 13 colonies.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:43 AM

104 posts, read 116,306 times
Quote:
Lol, I'm not lying, and she has a master's.
Having a graduate degree doesn't make you intelligent.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:45 AM

104 posts, read 116,306 times
For what it's worth, I consider myself African American. My ancestors from my mother's side include US slaves but also includes family members with Native American and French ancestry. I'm a first-generation American on my dad's side (he's from Jamaica) but his grandfather was from Syria and would be considered white by today's standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenisei View Post
NYC's AA population peaked back in 1979, and even then there was a very significant Caribbean/West Indian population.
Source?

Last edited by whirledpeas0; 06-14-2018 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City