Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 12:05 PM

5 posts, read 4,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
It's a very short amount of time, as they want their security deposit *and* the lease signed asap. I don't think you can come in after a good 15 days, or so. I won two lotteries and on both cases, they literally harassed me to hurry up and sign the lease as they have others on a wait list.

When you won the lottery’s house soon after you got selected were you able to schedule your interview? Also how did you schedule your interview did you reply to them online or did you call the office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 12:07 PM

5 posts, read 4,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I don't know about the cash part, but the fact that you didn't file (and pay) taxes can't be good.

You can't have it both ways: enjoying the perks of the underground economy and then seeking affordable housing under an official city and state program. Pick one.
I didn’t file because my mother claims me on her taxes and I don’t appreciate the attitude

Old 09-18-2018, 12:18 PM

254 posts, read 390,567 times
I love your username.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callmeprincessaa View Post
When you won the lottery’s house soon after you got selected were you able to schedule your interview? Also how did you schedule your interview did you reply to them online or did you call the office?
They allow you to call or schedule appt online. When depends on when they are offering apt dats.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:16 PM

160 posts, read 276,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callmeprincessaa View Post
I didn’t file because my mother claims me on her taxes and I don’t appreciate the attitude
To answer some of your questions, yes getting paid in cash can not only hurt your chances but also open up a can a worms if you go through the process. All city agencies are connected and share information.
1. You are required to file your own taxes if you make more than $10,350 a year or $13,350 as a head of household since you have a kid.
2. Your parents can only claim you if you make less than $6,350.

I am assuming you make more than any of those numbers since for 605 W 42nd you need a minimum of $24,549.

Another note, if your mother or you get government assistance by not claiming your income when the management company sends your file to get approved by the city (assuming you make it through the process with no problems) the city will match your SS number to all city agencies and report your income to those agencies. Which can lead to being charged for fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: