Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:35 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
For several reasons, we should expect a less crowded summer with more living and working space for our NYC residents this summer, hurray!! Anyone cares to know or opine what the reasons are???
I plan to be there in August
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2018, 01:36 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
Less tourist, less crowd. Let me live my life. Thank you!
If I could only walk down Park Avenue without them again, that would be great.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
If I could only walk down Park Avenue without them again, that would be great.
Well you do know that summer time is the season when people travel the most right? So park Avenue will always have a lot of tourists this time of the year.

Old 06-27-2018, 01:55 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Well you do know that summer time is the season when people travel the most right? So park Avenue will always have a lot of tourists this time of the year.
Less is always more.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:15 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Let me guess:

People don't want to come to USA due to Trump
Too expensive (hotel/airfare/eating out)
More economical and similar places to visit in the USA
Exotic vacation over visiting NYC
The quality in Coke has gone down.
Lol. +1.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:04 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,096 times
I think people in the world are realizing that other cities are on the uptrend. Some Chinese business partners I speak to are looking to relocate to other States. They are looking at Austin, suburbs of ATL and believe it or not the dust bowl OKC area as well as Missouri.

Speaking as a Native NYer that has traveled a lot the world does not revolve around this city. Nor should it.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
I think people in the world are realizing that other cities are on the uptrend. Some Chinese business partners I speak to are looking to relocate to other States. They are looking at Austin, suburbs of ATL and believe it or not the dust bowl OKC area as well as Missouri.

Speaking as a Native NYer that has traveled a lot the world does not revolve around this city. Nor should it.
What about philly?

Old 06-27-2018, 06:59 PM

766 posts, read 507,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post

You realize the original poster just wrote their observation. No tourism data is available this year, we aren’t going to go from record breaking amount of tourist to a significant drop this year because people are losing an interest in nyc lol

Many other states are on an uptrend and playing catch up. The lower cost of living and lower investment needed is the lure. Nyc is an old city considered apart of the 1st tier with London Paris etc. we are pretty much maxed out in development. So the developers have to head elsewhere to keep the engine going and the demand is there for cheaper living

Old 06-27-2018, 06:59 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,759,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I sure as hell don't have anything Chinese made.
How can you not?! Practically everything is made in China! If you really don't, hats of to you. I don't know how you do it, honestly.

Old 06-27-2018, 07:06 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,478 times
I did my part staying your hotels and eating at your restaurants. I ran out of money in NYC it expensive after a week or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: